f o r t y s e v e n

Jeno didn't know what he did wrong to make Aerin stop talking to him but it has been three days already and all he got from Aerin was the silence treatment

Jeno didn't know what he did wrong to make Aerin stop talking to him but it has been three days already and all he got from Aerin was the silence treatment. Not only that but she's also been avoiding him, when she spotted him in the hallway she would make a u turn and she didn't even sit at lunch with the group anymore.

"What's wrong with Aerin-noona?", Jisung asked as he observed the lonely girl alone a few tables away.

"I don't know. We haven't been talking for the past few days.", Jaemin shrugged with sad pout, "What about you Jinhee?"

"I wouldn't call these past three days' conversations a 'talk'. When I text her something she just gives me short answers. Something is weird.", Jinhee announced.

"What about you Jeno? Did something happen this weekend?", Renjun asked the boy with whom Aerin spent a part of her weekend with.

"I don't know. I mean one minute she was okay and then I left for a moment and when I came back she was all mad and I don't even know why.", Jeno replied, playing around with his food, not in a mood to eat.

"Weird. Why would Aerin-noona's mood change so suddenly?", Chenle wondered with a frown.

"Let's ask her after school.", Donghyuck said.

Mr.Suh's class was the last of the day and when he finished giving their homework for the next class, the bell rang, meaning it was finally time to go home. Aerin gathered her notebook, book and pencil case in her backpack and quickly left the room without looking at her other friends.

Jeno, Renjun, Donghyuck, Jaemin and Jinhee tried to catch up as fast as they could, Jisung and Chenle joining them on the way. The group ran passed the girl, stopping right in front of her, "Aerin, what's happening?", Renjun was the first one to dare speaking up.

"Can you please move out of the way?", she neutrally asked, without an ounce of any emotion in her voice.

"Not until you tell us what's up with you.", Donghyuck replied in a stubborn tone.

"Nothing is up with me."

"You've been acting different since you left my house. Did I do something?", Jeno asked, starting to become worried.

"Ask your mom.", Aerin tried to walk passed them but Jaemin stood in her way.

"Come on, Aerin. We're your friends. Please talk to us."

"What if I don't wanna be friends anymore?"

The girl's response caught the group off guard and as their brain tried to process her words, Aerin took that chance to go around them and walked to the school exit.

a/n: my girl is going through it 😔