ten

JJ, John B, and you had all made it to Ms.Lana's house. As soon as you got out of the van, JJ pecked your lips and pulled away before intertwining your fingers with his. John B ignores the shared affection between you two, still not used to you two being a new couple. 

"Know what this house looks like? Whoever lives here smokes too much weed" JJ says. Both you and John B don't say anything but just continue walking to the house. As you get closer though you can hear glass shattering from inside the house, making you flinch. JJ holds your hand tighter and brings you closer to him. More crashing noises echo from the house before you hear a man yell.

"Bullshit!" The man yelled making JJ stop in his tracks and pull you slightly behind him protectively. 

"Maybe we should come back. It's a little too soon," JJ says, you nodding your head in agreement.

"No, no, shut up. Shut up, JJ," John B says.

"Tell me where it is, or I'll fuck you up," says the man from inside the house. You wrap your other arm around JJ's forearm, the one that was holding your hand. You whisper his name and looks down at you worriedly. He kisses your forehead softly, urging you toward the house. You hear Ms. Lana gasping before the man speaks again.

"I'll sink you in the fucking," the man starts yelling before more crashing echos throughout the house.

"You're hurting me!" Ms. Lana screams. JJ tries to speak but John B tells him to shut up again. You roll your eyes and follow John B to wear he hides by the side of the house. 

"Where the fuck is it, you bitch?" You hear the man yelling from inside.

"I don't know!" Ms. Lana yelled back, sobbing. More crashing noises are heard from inside the house. 

"Is it here in this house? Is it somewhere else?" The man yells, Ms. Lana sobbing still. John B, JJ, and you all move closer to the house, hiding underneath the window. JJ now has an arm wrapped protectively around your waist, the other holding your hand tightly. You listen to her cries and close your eyes wishing you could be in there helping her. 

"Still think we should stay?" JJ asks John B frantically, making John B tell him to shut up, yet again. 

"The compass wasn't in the boat! Where is it, Lana?" The man from inside yells at Ms. Lana. You shared a confused look with John B. What did the man want with the compass? Ms. Lana continues to tell him that she doesn't know where it is. As more glass shatters, you tense beside JJ. 

"Don't listen," JJ whispers in your ear, holding you more tightly. Paint then falls into your hair from the wall of the house.

"What the hell," you whisper.

"Is that paint?" JJ asks after shaking it out of his hair and looking up at the walls of the house.

"Yes, it's paint," John B tells him, obviously annoyed. Ms. Lana wails again.

"Let's get the hell out of here, man," the guy says making you all crouch down lower, underneath the window. John B moves and you and JJ stay back a little, uneasy about going in.

"We should just go. He's got smuggler..." JJ starts.

"Shut up,"John B says looking out from behind the house, seeing the guys leaving. 

"... smuggler written all over him," JJ tells him finishing his sentence. You all watch as the men leave the house and get on there boat, starting it and getting away.

"Those were the guys that shot at us," JJ says making you tense again and turn to him. You rest your head on his chest as he wraps his arms around you. You all stood there for a minute, JJ's head resting on yours, before the men were far enough to not see you. Once they leave you get out of JJ's embrace quickly and run into the house to find Ms. Lana. 

"Shit," you can hear JJ say from behind you.

"Ms. Lana?" You and John B both call out. You quickly find her crouched on the ground in the bathroom. You and John B both quickly rush to her side.

"Hey, are you okay?" John B asked.

"It's ok," you tell her.

"Dude, she's tweaking," JJ says, staying a distance away. You both ignore him.

"Do you need a doctor?" You ask her as she is still sobbing.

"Let's call the sherifs department," John B says.

"No cops, please," she says quickly. 

"Mm. That's not good. Come on, let's just go," JJ says grabbing at your hand but you shove his away.

"You shouldn't be here," Ms. Lana says to you all.

"That's enough for me, come on," JJ says once again, tugging on your hand to go. You grab hold of his hand but don't get up. 

"Hold on, JJ," you say as John B says, 

"Wait, wait,".

"What do you know about these guys?" John B asks Ms. Lana.

"They were looking for something," she says, still sobbing. John B soon gets out his fathers compass and shows it to her.

"Does it have anything to do with this?" He asks her, showing her the compass. 

"Do you know anything about that?" You ask her.

"This is my father's, and Scooter had it," John B says, referring to the compass. 

"Why?" He adds.

"Scooter didn't have it, okay? Don't tell anyone you have it." She tells him.

"Let's go," JJ say pulling you up, you nod your head wanting to get away from the pair on the floor who were starting to raise their voices at each other. You all finally leave Ms. Lana's house. JJ now sits in the back of the van with you, you in his lap. Something about that compass was not right, and you and the crew were gonna figure it out. 

***

how did you like this? next chapter there will be more intimate moments between the reader and jj!! <333