Chapter 46

I walk into the dining hall and everyone is already sitting at the table. They've all already got muffins, or cake or brownies and I could really go for a brownie right now. I'm about to go to get one, but Jake waves at me to come over. I walk over confused and he holds up a brownie for me. "How did you know?" I say shocked, sitting down.

"Wild guess," He says I smile and sit down at the table to eat. Jess is putting her head down on the table, and Jonathan looks like he's about to fall asleep right here.

"You guys tired?" I ask them

"Yes.." Jonathan says sleepily

"What happened to eating?" Jake asks

"Oh, you're right," He says, getting up to get food. 

I laugh and say "Jess, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," She says "Thanks again guys"

"Don't mention it" Jake smiles. Jess smiles back and goes back to putting her head on the table. When everyone is done, we head back to Jess's apartment and she tells us where we can sleep. Jake and I sleep on the pull-out couch, and Jonathan and Katherine take the other sofa. Dean grabs sheets and piles them up to make a sort of Mattress, and Emma does the same.

When we're all settled Jess says "Goodnight guys"

"Night' Jess" We all say. 

She turns off the lights, and I put my arm around Jake and put my head on his shoulder, and he puts his arm around me. I close my eyes and realize how tired I am and then, fall asleep. 

----------------------------------

I wake up the next morning, at 6 am, like usual. Surprisingly, Jess is already up and the kitchen light is on. I move slowly, out of Jake's arm, to not wake him up and walk to the kitchen. 

"Morning," She says, pouring me a cup of coffee

"Good morning," I say, drinking it "Wow, this is delicious"

She laughs and says "Thanks. Are you ready for the second day of the sims?" Jess asks

"I don't know what's worse, doing the sims, or waiting for everyone else to do them," I say

She says "It must be so easy for you. Your time is so fast I can't believe it. How do you do it?" 

"Oh um," I hesitate. I don't want her to know I'm divergent " I just try to calm down as best I can I guess"

 "You must be really calm to move on that fast," 

 I smile at her and say "Oh, my clothes are back in the dorm. I think I'm gonna go down and shower quickly and then come back" 

"Okay no problem, see you in a little" 

 "Bye!" I whisper so no one wakes up.I walk down to the dorms, and the Dauntless compound looks so different right now. Most of the lights are off, because of the city rules of having lights on at certain times. Since it's so early, they still are off and the compound looks so peaceful. The only sound is of the water rushing, and the light only comes in from the glass ceiling. The moon is still out since it's winter, so the entire compound is lit up with white. 

"Hey," Tobias says from behind me.I jump from the sudden sound and he laughs. 

"Oh my god Tobias, it is way too early for that," I tell him

"My bad. Where are you going?" He asks

"Back to the dorms to get ready. We stayed at Jess's last night" I tell him