3. AWKWARD ASTRONOMY

⊹.⋆°•*⁀➷ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 ✧・゚: *✧・゚

𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑶𝑷𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑰𝑨

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The wind howls as the students arrive through the gates, hustling and bustling down the corridors. Friends are greeting each other with a hug or a playful punch while first years, newcomers as Eva calls them, stand looking scared. The seventh-years stand tall and proud, a confidence born of experience. Soon a professor calls out a time warning and everybody runs except an occasional slow student or chatterbox. Everybody goes into their respective classrooms except Eva and she is the only one of those people left in the hallway.

The girl does have class, but finds herself desperately in need of a break. While she very much enjoys the silence and the calm ambiance that makes the Ravenclaw common room, she does not feel like spending time in there with other students stressing unnecessarily over homework. Yes, it has only been a week of school, but some Ravenclaws were desperate to keep up the smart reputation of their house; Eva could care less. It is not that she does not want to be successful or finish her assignments on time, but it is not worth all the stress it brings her. The girl sees how it affects others, heck, she is in Ravenclaw of all houses, so would it really be smart to subject herself to that type of frustration?

She goes to the spot she found in the late second year, a place she goes when something goes wrong, or she just needs a breather; the astronomy tower. Of course a location a bit to the side, as other students tend to crowd the main area. Cliche? Very, but calming nonetheless.

When she reaches her destination and lets her bag drop down onto the floor, she realizes the sun has already begun to set. It had taken quite a long time to get to the tower, though she hardly noticed that. She let her back slide down the wall and let out a heavy breath. Evas head soon rested against the stone as her eyes trailed the sky, changing as it always does.

The once blue and sunny sky is now pink with a slight hint of orange. The orange-gold spreads far and wide, the color of a homely hearth and ripe tangerines. She watches the glowing orb go down, down, down, until it dips below the horizon and out of sight. Her face is aglow with the last dim rays before twilight beckons the stars.

Eva does not leave at this time as other students usually do. After all, hence the sunset is over, the best part is about to commence.

Eva has always hated her astronomy class - studying the stars and creating charts - but she loves the beauty of the stars. To her, astronomy is like connecting a bunch of dots, but without numbers to guide her. She does not like identifying them much either, for it makes her head hurt. Instead, she sits with her feet dangling over the side of the ledge and continues to gaze up at the sky. Hogwarts truly is something else.