Day 3 - B

Ryan let out a tired sigh as he slung his gym back over his shoulder. He barely managed to put on a shirt after practice. He just slowly made his way to his car, dragging his feet and letting his eyes shut.

"Hey Ry." Ryan cracked open an eye and saw Brendon standing beside his truck. He gave a lazy smile and small wave in return.

"How was practice?" Ryan just sighed and threw his bag in the back of the truck. "Yeah, you look beat."

"Who do I owe for being graced by your presence, Mr. Urie?" Brendon giggled softly.

"Let me drive your truck." Ryan felt energy returning to his aching body.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" Brendon had on a dopey smile.

"I want to drive your truck." Ryan let out a small chuckle.

"That's real cute. Nobody drives my truck but me." Brendon crossed his arms looking determined.

"It's a dare." Ryan looked over at his shiny black truck. He just had it cleaned yesterday. The tires were fairly new. He had the carpet deep washed after someone spilled soda in the backseat. That truck was almost literally his baby.

"Brendon, I don't think," he trailed off, a hand coming up to scratch the back on his neck. "I don't let anyone drive my truck." Brendon sighed.

"That's a shame." He pulled up the driver seat door. "Didn't think this game would end like this." He pulled himself into the seat. Ryan almost laughed at how small and adorable Brendon looked. "I'll just take my victory and walk home, I guess."

Ryan grumbled, slowly falling for Brendon's manipulation. He pulled out his keys and placed it into Brendon's waiting hand. The boy had on a shit eating grin. He knew he'd break Ryan.

The older climbed into the passenger seat, feeling out of place. Brendon put the key in the ignition and wiggled excitedly when the car roared to life.

"This truck is gorgeous," Brendon hummed as he ran his hands over the leather of the steering wheel. "It's so different being in the driver's side."

"You've driven before, right?" Ryan couldn't stop his nerves from pulsing through his veins. Brendon shrugged as he flipped the radio to the classic rock station.

"I've gone around with my mom a few times, but I'm not much of a driver." Ryan's eyes widened in fear for his truck. Before he could respond, Brendon put the car in reverse and sped out of the parking lot.

"Wow. Your car's way faster than I thought." Ryan was struggling whether to keep his eyes on Brendon or the road. He should've opted for the second so he could prepare for Brendon's abrupt stop. He didn't even have his seatbelt on, so he smashed into the dashboard.

"C'mon Ry. Safety 101: always wear your seatbelt," the little bastard teased. Ryan groaned as he sat back and dragged the strap across his body. There was no doubt in his mind that he was in for a bumpy ride.

He hadn't met anyone who was as bad of a driver as Brendon. The boy almost ran every stoplight and stop sign, causing Ryan to get choked by the belt when he'd slam on the breaks. He did end up running a light after not paying attention and giggled after, yelling 'no cop, no stop.' There were another times when Brendon got distracted, looking at passing buildings and ran up the curb a little. He was fluctuating his speed ranging from 10 above and 15 below speed limit. Ryan worried about the pain his car was going through almost more than his own life.

Ryan had never been more relieved in his life to pull up in front of Brendon's house. He winced when Brendon rode up the curb, almost crashing into his mailbox.

"Curb check," Brendon laughed. He fixed his parking and turned to Ryan. "That was fun." Ryan was still looking forward, body ridged. His knuckles were white from gripping the 'oh shit' handle for the majority of the ride.

"Don't ever get behind the wheel ever again for the love of," he cut off with a sigh. Brendon was beaming as he climbed out of the car. Ryan followed suit, getting pulled into a hug as he rounded the front of his truck.

"Thanks." Brendon pulled away before Ryan could hug back. "See you tomorrow." Ryan waved goodbye as Brendon disappeared inside.

He climbed into his truck and let out a calming sigh. He couldn't help himself from leaning forward and hugging the steering wheel.

"I won't let anyone drive you again, I promise." Before he took off, his phone when off. He reached for it and revealed a message from Brendon.

Brendon: I'm not a bad driver

Ryan scoffed because he just had a ride that proved otherwise. His phone rang again.

Brendon: I was actually one of the best students in driver's ed it was just fun watching you almost crap yourself

Ryan reread the text before grinning to himself.

"You little shit," he chuckled. He shook his head and put the car in drive. He drove the slowest and safest he ever had after that ride.