touch.

My eyes widened at the question.

"No, no, we don't have one." I awkwardly laughed and cleared my throat.

Noah laughed, obviously uncomfortable, but I was too.

"Oh I see," the man smirked at the both of us.

"Y'all are thinking about it and wanted to see what could one day be yours. Been there." He laughed and continued looking into the room.

"Oh, no. We aren't even together. We're friends." Noah blurted out. I was a bit taken back, I had to hold back a gasp. The words hurt me, but I guess they were true. As far as I knew, all we were we're friends that kissed once and cuddle.

"Friends? Friends don't touch eachother like that." He gestured to how close Noah and I were, Noah was hugging me from behind, swaying back and forth as I held his hand over my shoulder. We looked entirely misleading.

I looked up at Noah, immediately blushing when he looked back down at me.

"Friends don't look at each other like that either, that look of affection and attraction." The man nodded his head and smiled.

"Sir, we just came to see the babies." I explained, moving a bit so Noah and I weren't so close.

"I was like that too. Young, naive. Didn't know love until I bumped into her in the hallway junior year." He smiled to himself, recalling memories. I could tell he loved his wife, who ever she was.

He looked back at us, laughing when he noticed how awkward we looked, Noah and I were standing away from each other now, only our arms brushing against eachother occasionally.

"No, trust me, no babies anytime soon." I sighed, twirling a strand of hair with my finger.

"You'll change your mind sweetheart. The greatest gift a woman has is the ability to birth her own child. A beautiful thing." He waved to a nurse inside the nursery, smiling at her when she pointed to a pink carriage.

"Is that your daughter?" Noah smiled, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Her name is Carmen, my wife chose it."

"She's adorable." I looked up at Noah, he was tense. I gently grazed my hand over his, softly wrapping my fingers around it.

"Well, our friends are waiting for us. We should go." Noah smiled and waved at the man, taking steps back in attempt to leave.

"Alright, have a nice day kids." He waved back and walked off, probably going to his beloved wife.

I smiled, there was something so pure about how he talked about her, never have I ever dated anyone who talked about me like that. Who's eyes lit up everytime I was mentioned. I sighed, a girl can certainly dream.

"That was sweet." I Leaned on Noah's shoulder as we stood in the elevator, waiting to go down.

"Yeah, it was." He took the bag from my hand and took out a pill, dry swallowing it. I made a grimace, snatching back the box.

"You can't wait until we get to the room?"

"What? My head is pounding you can't blame me." He walked out of the elevator, making me roll my eyes and follow him out.

"Are you okay?" I frowned, rubbing the pad of my thumb against the back of his hand.

"Yeah, just hungover." He cupped my face, smiling sarcastically and walked into the room.

"Fucking finally, give it."

I rolled my eyes and tossed the box at Ryan, watching him dry swallow two pills at the same time.