Chapter 47

"I can never be her." I slowly removed my palm from my mouth, my heart is about to go out of my chest. Sehun didn't answer instead I heard his footsteps go weaker, meaning he went out of the room already.

I am confused, my mind can't seem to understand anything that I've heard. My minds about to explode with my heart, feeling a rush of emotions brush my heart, swirling harshly like there's a tornado inside me.

My face turned pale when my phone rang. With shaking hands I reached out inside my pocket, quickly switching the silent button at the side of my phone and holding on to it for dear life!

Fuck! Why now?!

"Who's there?" Irene spoke, I heard the creaking of the bed. I shut my eyes shut and just hope that she won't see me. Her footsteps came nearer, the more she went near where I am the more I squeezed myself to the back.

"I can see you." Irene spoke. I opened my eyes and looked up, she was looking down at me, her hair parted on one side. I exhaled and gave up concealing and decided to show myself, my legs feeling the rush of blood circulating again.

I looked at her face, her eyes are red, swollen but her expression just remained straight.

A raging feeling of irritation took over my chest. For the first time I felt like a different person, it's like a past grudge came over my mind that all I want to do now is fight.

"That was fun." I said. Her eyes fluttered but composed her self after a second. She tilt her head, finally I can see an emotion leak, annoyance.

"Was it?" She smiled to mask her pained eyes.

"Yeah. I wasn't planning on hearing your conversation I'm not that pathetic." I shook my head looking straight at her eyes with a smile and turned to the counter reaching to get one patch. "I came here for this actually." I showed it to her.

"Who would've thought I got a free ticket to a show." I chuckled. That seemed to annoy her when her nostril flared, her eyes turned fierce.

This made me feel like I have the upperhand now, I took a step forward. I looked at her from the bottom to the top.

"You're really giving me that look? Wow, I didn't expect you to be so bold." My smirked faded. I came out of the counter, facing her head on. My heart beating like crazy looking at her face.

"Let me remind you something in case you've forgotten. You took him away from me, I should be the one feeling angry and irritated right? Huh, you're really too kind, you're even sharing that with me." I sarcastically retorted. Her eyes widened and took a step back when I came near her. She came to her last step when she bumped on the wall, no escape. My fingers drew to touch her face.

"What a thick skin you have." I smiled, my eyes flickered and pushed her face to face the other direction. Her eyes are burning red out of humiliation? Frustration?

Whatever she's feeling, I don't care.

I turned around to leave the room feeling triumph in my heart. I was almost at the door when she spoke.

"Why does it have to be always you." I stopped and turned to her. She combed her hair with her fingers, making me see her face completely. I squinted my eyes, feeling confused.

"Out of all people, why is it you again." She said in between her teeth. Tears escaping her eyes.

"What are you saying?" Has she gone delirious over that? Instead of answering directly she laughed, somehow I felt desperation through her laughter. Her eyes are telling me she just snapped.

"Why did you made him fall for you again?" She whispered to herself. "I am now you! I was reborn in your body, yet why?" Her knees trembled and she dropped herself to the ground. She looked down and tears started dropping on the floor.

"Reborn?" My lips trembled. She lifts her head and looked at me, she travelled her eyes all over my body.

"If he could love you in my body, why couldn't he when I was me?" Suddenly it became clearer to me. Everything flashed in front of my eyes, my mouth parted as my eyes widened in shock.

I've always had it in my mind but I wasn't certain. But now she confirmed it.

"You're the real Sejeong." I stated. She gasped for air and our eyes met.

Meanwhile I'm glued to to floor, couldn't believe a word she just said.

"I thought I could make him fall for me but it seems that he could only love you." She cried harder, she slammed her hands on the floor. She kept hitting her hands until they got red, shouting 'why' in repeat.

I rushed to her side, pushing my resentment on her and took a hold of her arms, pulling them back. She resisted as much as she could and I tightened the grip on her. Then suddenly I felt her arms relaxed, her hands still slowly hitting her legs.

"I tried to move on and live my life differently, but the moment I met him again at Kele I thought it was the sign that I have a chance." I couldn't see her face, but only her voice was enough for me to know she's speaking the truth. My memories in Kele Island came to me, when we first met her. I let go of her hand, dropping them.

I sat down on the cold marble tiles. Staring blankly at her back.

"But no matter how much I held on to him, he would still choose you over and over again." She turned her face to the side, her eyes looking at me. Her face is covered in sweat and tears that a couple of strands of hair stuck on it.

"It's painful to love him, everytime he pushes me away I could feel the pain of my past. When he.." she grasped on her chest. "Killed me."she bitterly spat.

So when we were in the washroom, the moment she held her chest like she's dying from an attack.

"I thought I had a chance but I was just reminded how he could never look at me the way he looks at you." She closed her eyes for a moment and breathed in, turning her head to me.

"In this lifetime, when will I ever be happy?" A sad smile crept on her face.

"I can't feel sorry for you." I said. She stopped and looked at me straight in the eyes, another stream of tears flowing.

"I know."