Chapter 41 - 🖤

•Roxie's POV ~

"Why would you bring her here?" Val asks Maria in a low, menacing tone.

Maria tilts her head slightly to the side, "Are you really asking me such a question?"

Val closes her eyes and releases a deep breath, "You know what, no. I don't know what you thought you were going to achieve by bringing this woman here but I'm not going to do this right now."

"Oh?" Maria says in the form of a question while raising an eyebrow.

Val crosses her arms over her chest, "My husband is laying in a hospital bed right now and my granddaughter is laying in another one somewhere else in this damn hospital. I don't have time for you or this woman or any games you're going to try to play on me."

"Granddaughter?" Maria asks as she looks to Enrique.

He lets out a sigh and nods his head, "Yes but now that Valentina mentioned her.." He turns to Damon, "Figlio, why don't you and Roxie go get her?"

I look at Damon only to find, his eyes are already on me.

He starts walking towards me and places his hand on my lower back, "Let's go."

Once we get into the hallway, I quicken my steps to walk ahead of him but he immediately reaches out, wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me back to his side.

"Let go of me Damon." I say while trying to remove his hand from my waist as we continue walking.

"No." He states, tightening his grip and pulling me even more closer.

I roll my eyes and keep walking with him. When we get to a quiet and almost empty area, I push him away from me.

"Why are you even touching me?" I ask while taking some steps back.

"Because I can." He says, crossing his arms over his chest.

I inhale a deep breath before saying, "Why would I want you to touch me after what you said in that room?"

He narrows his eyes at me, "What are you talking about?"

"You said that if I hadn't left tonight then none of this would have happened! That if I had stayed home, the fire wouldn't have happened and we wouldn't be here in this damn hospital right now! Basically, you're saying all of this is my fault!" I yell as my eyes start to get blurry with tears but I blink a couple of times and hold them back.

A look of regret flashes in his eyes but as quickly as it came, it disappears, leaving them cold and distant.

He walks up to me and pushes me backwards until my back hits the wall, "You should have took her to my place!"

"Why? You wouldn't have been there with her anyways. You think I'd be stupid enough to leave her in that place with the psychotic woman who's carrying your child?" I question, not waiting for him to answer me as I push him back and move around him.

In a split second, he grabs my arm and pushes me back against the wall again before slamming his fist on the wall by my face, making me flinch.

"Why do you still care if she's carrying my baby or not? I thought you said you didn't love me... that you hated me." He says with his jaw tightly clenched.

I let out a scoff, "That wasn't my point. I don't care that you're having a baby with her and I do hate you."

"Mmm.. I don't believe you." He tells me as he places his hand on my waist and lowers his face to mine.

Without thinking, I bring my hand up and slap him hard, making his head turn, "I don't give a damn what you believe."

The vein in his forehead pops out and his whole body tenses. I try to move away from him again but he quickly grabs my face with his hand and pushes me hard against the wall once more, causing a loud gasp to escape my mouth.