― 27. even in death

"HERE WE are

"HERE WE are." Pippa says shoving a piece of paper into the shorts pocket, "this should be it."

"I would think so from the signs." Kaitlyn responds as a cool night breeze blows her hair, "don't think I've even been here before..."

"And you've lived here for years right?"

"Yep. Guess that's sad to say." she shakes her head with a slight chuckle.

Getting to New York had been easy, though they'd been filled with dread. This has been a very disobedient move on their part but it appears to have paid off since they made it to where Santino is- without a hitch too.

The two link arms and begin to climb the stairs to enter the main entrance of the museum. It's hard for them to not think they're in the clear, so they don't pay much attention to their surroundings. Since it's dark, the guard of the deceased Tomas Damien is able to stand in the shadows with ease watching the two girls enter the lit building. He follows instantly, in holstering a gun from his side.

Kaitlyn and Pippa's footsteps echo as they're finally out of the cool night. Pippa is going on about how much she loves the city and hopes to return under better circumstances and Kaitlyn encourages it of course. The main lobby of the museum is open and grand, rather beautiful too. Moonlight streams in through the tall windows and shadowing the tile around them. There's signs pointing to different exhibits but none give them a good idea to where Santino is hosting some party.

   A clicking noise and heavy footsteps make them freeze. At first neither of them want to look behind them, eyes wide, until they both slowly begin to turn holding their breaths.

   "Leo?" Pippa's voice is laced with terror. She slowly begins to back up taking Kaitlyn with her.

   "Stop moving Pippa. Please." Leo is normal height, has a chiseled face, but is extremely muscular. He looks like he's seen more than a few deaths in his lifetime by his hardened eyes. There seems to be no kindness there.

   Kaitlyn finally realizes what is happening and moves her body in front of Pippa, "what do you want?"

   "Where are your husbands?"

   "Don't do this Leo," Pippa says, "the wrath you will face..."

   "I don't want to hurt either of you. You know that." Leo explains as he takes step after step to get closer to them, "understand this is all about you Pippa."

   "Go fuck yourself." she hisses.

Leo just lets out an amused chuckle as he doesn't even need to try to overpower the smaller women. All he does is point the gun at Kaitlyn and he's able to grab her by the wrist. The gun stays right on Pippa and she shakes her head at him in disgust.

"I'll direct you Pips."

Pippa carefully begins walking and Leo occasionally gives her a direction down certain halls. He has his gun right to her back and Kaitlyn's wrist burns from how tight he's holding. Neither of them have any skills to stop this and soon more men show up behind them. And it angered Pippa because she cursed them out for being traitors of the Firms. Kaitlyn is fearful as she watches the museum go by them wondering what is going to happen. If it were up to her she'd break down into tears and cry, and pray John would suddenly show up.