↠ 43

"What?" Hoseok ripped his attention away from the screen to look at Jimin. Actually, all the boys turned to him. Realization crossed Seokjin's face. "Do you mean...?" He wasn't sure if he was to speak of it in fear of flashbacks for the pink hair male.

"Yes!" Jimin exclaimed. "That night..." He trailed off. "She snapped their neck easily..."

There was now an awkward silence that entered the room. Everyone stayed quiet for a moment until there was a loud crash from the TV. The boys returned their attention to the TV and gasps were caught in their throats. The mysterious bat wings yelled something over to you. They could see you slowly get up from the ground. Blood had started to run down on your arm. You flexed your arm a bit and it seemed like you flinched from the pain.

All of a sudden, your kagune rose up and had all three pointing at the bat wings person. The guys resorted to calling the person that. Hey, they didn't know who this person was. Then the two of you launched yourselves at the same time. One of your tentacles dug itself into the ground to pivot yourself away from the wing that slashed at the now empty air.

"Kick her ass, Y/N." Yoongi muttered, his hands gripping the container of food in his hands. No one said anything else although they all agreed with Yoongi's statement. Kick her ass.

You gritted your teeth, seeing the damn wing slash at the empty space you were once in. All your attention was focused on Yuki and you knew too well that your family was finishing off the others. And there was something that you needed Yuki to do.

You needed her to use those shards again. She was well rested enough, you assumed, to start up again. Once she did, you'll make the final move. She growled when one of your tentacles nicked her leg. It also made your realize something. She was slowly losing patience. At the moment, you were reminded of your arm. Her wing managed to slice your arm and because of the hardness of them, it cut in deep.

Quickly, you barely missed the second slash. Then you saw it. The opportunity you've been waiting for. Her kagune started to softly glow and digging a tentacle into the ground, you flung yourself away from just in time. Multiple shards struck the space you were just in. More continued to fly your way as you used your kagune to maneuver yourself. C'mon. Waste all your energy now.

"Just stop for one second so I can kill you!" She screamed and threw more shards your way. Rolling your eyes, you hid behind a big bulldozing machine to catch your breath. You heard rapid footsteps and with your instincts overworking, you slipped underneath the machine. She must have jumped on top of it since you heard a thud way above you. Quietly, you slipped out from the other side and with delight, you found that her back was towards you.

A grin stretched across your face and a tentacle was immediately sent to her. Unfortunately, she managed to spin around and blocked it. Disappointment started to fill you but the grin returned again. And that was when joy filled you to see that her kagune had a crack on it.

Her eyes widened once she heard the crack. "Fuck." She muttered softly and tried to make a crack in your kagune with the other one. Lucky for you, you had a guess that she was going to do something similar to that. So, your other tentacle met with hers. Sadly, there was no crack in her defense. A bit frustrated, you wrapped the tentacle (the one that you recently released) around her kagune and lifted her up into the air. Then with all the strength you had, you brought her down to the ground.

There was another loud crack that made you smile again. She screamed at you, the broken kagune dangling from your tentacle. Yuki quickly got up and charged at you. You didn't expect this. So you received a punch right at your stomach. It made you released your kagune's hold on her and sent a punch right back at her.

Then her usable wong tried slashing at you. It barely cut the surface of your skin, thanks to the dodge you made. One of your tentacles shot at her but she blocked it and this was your chance.

Your other one managed to pierce right through her stomach. Her wide eyes looked at you. Then a sadistic smile appeared on her face. "You won't kill me. You haven't been able to do it."

Memories flashed to when you two were kids. You looking up to your sister. But now those memories faded away. You had two wonderful sisters that weren't ever going to betray your family.

"You're wrong Yuki." You said and this time, there was no emotion in your voice unlike the countless times before. Hearing your voice, she stiffened up. Behind her, her kagune slowly disappeared. "Pathetic. Look what your choices led you to. And I'm not going to regret it."

Your last tentacle - the infamous one - rose high above her.

"No." Yuki's hands grabbed at your kagune, trying to slip herself off of it. "You're not going to kill me." She panicked and you swiftly brought down your kagune right into her skull.

You harshly bit the inside of your cheek so bad, that you cut yourself. You could feel your blood on your tongue. You knew it had to be done. Still, it hurt. Yuki grew up with you doing all the usual things siblings do.

Now her body slipped from your kagune when you moved them. But it was okay. She made her own choice back then and destroyed your original family.

The deed was done. You let out a shaky breath and averted your gaze away to the building. Your arm flinched in pain but you had to go assit your family. You took a step when a familiar figure jumped out of the building. Even from here, you heard a loud crack.

Hayate grimaced in pain. He looked over at you. "Finally killed her?" He asked, looking down at her. "Oh well. You know that we will continue to grow? I'll be waiting to spill your blood in the future." He grinned and then took off. Although he wasn't as fast as he usually was.

You hurried into the building, seeing various Doves and ghouls laying on the floor. But then, you heard something behind you. You spun around, kagune poised for fighting but realized it was just Michael.

"Let's go. There's still some Doves upstairs." Was all he said before he took off running. You let your kagune disappear and took off after him. Scaling the building,  you caught your breath seeing almost the rest of your family.

"Where's Aika and Rei?" You asked, confusion laced in your voice.

"Right here." Rei appeared carrying Aika. She was badly injured. Multiple wounds across her body and she was unconscious. Blood decorated her body especially near her chest. Where her heart was located. "Michael and Homura." Worried expressions on their faces, they looked at Rei. "Go pack one bag of the necessities of everyone and some flesh. We're leaving tonight."

Huh?

"L-Leaving?" You asked the question that everyone was confused about. "We're leaving the city or the country?"

Rei frowned. "The country. It's necessary since Riku and Hayate escaped and they're heading back to Japan."