8

I push open Stefano's office doors with force.

"You said you had it handled!" He, Rico, Paul and Giovanni stand watching me.

Flying forward when a body bumps into my back. I knew it was Xavier seeing how pale hands on my stomach.

"Watch where the fuck you're walking." He growls into my ear. I swat his hands fighting the urge to raise the middle of my finger.

Losing Harper to her mothers famous cookies. We made it to his office and this was our entrance?

The sound of Rico's voice clearing grabs my attention. Opening his laptop, he starts talking.

"I opened a back door to your phone and have been watching it for hours. When you got the text, I saw. I traced the number to a burner."

"Couldn't control that mouth of yours could you, princess." Xavier threw at me, feeling the urge to speak.

"I didn't say anything to Jason, Xavier." Xavier opened his mouth to declare another comment but Stefano beat him to it.

"Guardalo. He knows that." Xavier's mouth closed almost instantly afraid of his Dons scold to him.

"The area code was from Hudson. That's all I could find." Rico continued speaking before I cut him off.

"And I was with Jason and Harper when I got the text. He's even in the photo.. so what there's two people involved?" I say my thoughts aloud.

"It could be anyone. Even the gang." The whole gang?

"This is what happens when you involve children with business. They find merda like this entertaining." Rico's head perks up to Stefano's words.

"Me?" Rico asks before I could.

"Nessun Ragazzo. Marco has children do his dirty work." Stefanos jaw clenched answering Ricos question, and sounding irritated.

"Send men to threaten, Marco. Put an end to this now." Paul spoke up, rambling.

"Small gangs like, Marco Biianchi. Do not just drop their doings. They feed on attention. They crave it." Stefano sighed giving Paul a blank look as if this was not new information.

"That is understandable but when will this stop." The room fell silent after Paul's question until Stefano gave him an answer.

"Marco would not waste his time on a little girl. They would have taken her by now. Someone inside is toying with her."  Taken me?

"Did Jason ask about the unknown number?" I nod. Still freaking about the taken me.

"Giovanni send someone on the inside. Send men. I want updates, go now." The men filed out of the office. Xavier was first to go.

The dead silence taking over the office was eating me alive. So I decide to do what I do best. Question the man sitting in front of me.

"Are they going to take me?" I ask, suddenly.

"No."

"But Gio.."

"I said no." I paused for a minute not wanting to make him mad. Looking uncomfortable in his chair. I wonder if that's why he has a stick up his ass.

"Should I be worried about my family, Stefano?"

"I've had men guarding your families home."

"Not that i'm not .. thankful. But why? I'm not family." I'm slow with my words. Watching his head lift to face mine.