25| The Surprise Guest

"What do you think the boys want tonight? Barbecue or should we do something fancy? Maybe order in?" 

I absently heard what Lynette was asking me as we stood in the freezer section of the supermarket. I played with the necklace Wyatt gave me as I thought about everything. Last night with Wyatt was...incredible. I needed to talk to Logan. I wanted to wait until we returned to the city--which was tomorrow-- but I didn't know if I could. I wanted to talk to him tonight. I couldn't keep Wyatt and I a secret anymore. 

I glanced at Lynette. She was so excited about the wedding. Ever since I was a kid, she had always been like a second mom to me. I didn't want to disappoint her. Or their dad. But the truth needed to come out and I needed to let the chips fall where they may. 

"Amelia? Did you hear me?" 

"Yes, I'm sorry." I walked over to where she was standing in front of the frozen meats. "Um, I think they would like barbecue. But maybe we can mix it up. We already did hamburgers and hot dogs the other day. How about ribs and chicken? Maybe some macaroni and cheese and mash potatoes?" 

Lynette smiled at me and clapped her hands together. She did that a lot. "Yes! That sounds great. Let me get the meat then we can go grab the rest."

I waited by the cart while she went to get what we needed. Besides the conversation I was dreading with Logan, I was also kind of nervous about tonight. They invited friends and family to this dinner. Friends and family that also knew about this so called 'wedding'. Shit. I really fucked everything up. 

"Here we go." Lynette set the items in the cart. "Now, let's go get the stuff for the sides." 

We started walking towards the other side of the store and I glanced longing at the wine isle. Maybe she wouldn't mind if we picked some up. Wyatt and I put a dent in her supply at the lake house. 

"Amelia, are you okay?" 

I frowned at her. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" 

She had that look on her face. You know the one. It was the mom face that said they knew something was wrong or going on and it was only a matter of time before they found out. Yeah, that look. "I can tell somethings been on your mind lately. Is it the wedding? Are you having second thoughts?" 

Christ. What the fuck was I going to do? "No, it's not that, Lynette. I'm fine. Really." 

Her expression told me she wasn't buying this. "Well, if you need to talk, I'm here." 

"I know, Lynette. Thank you." 

After we finished at the store, we started heading back to the lake house. I was anxious to get back. In  a good way. Wyatt woke me up this morning by kissing every inch of my body. After we were done, I snuck back to my room to shower before joining everyone downstairs for breakfast. 

My phone vibrated. It was a text from Wyatt. 

Wyatt: Hey, Lia. How far are you from the lake house? 

Me: About ten minutes. Why? Miss me already? I smiled as I waited for his reply. 

Wyatt: I always miss you. But I'm asking because I was thinking we could hang out some before dinner.

I didn't need to ask what his definition of hang out was. 

Me: Sorry. I promised your mom I would help her with the food. You're more than welcome to join. 

Wyatt: No, that's cool. Have your girl time. I'll probably chill with Logan. 

My smile fell when he mentioned his brother. Me: Sounds good. See you soon xo