07

Two Days Prior

"Please don't be late Jaemin

"Please don't be late Jaemin." Jaemin inwardly sighed at his mother's voice. He felt exhausted, pretending to be the perfect son to his parents when in fact he was not, was proving to be harder than it seemed in the movies.

"Don't worry Mom. I'll be there— on time." He added. The mother and son continued their conversation for a little while longer before Jaemin made an excuse and ended the call.

"What was that about?" Jaemin turned towards Renjun who was laying on his bed.

"I don't know some business meeting." Jaemin spoke completely uninterested. Jaemin didn't technically work for the company yet, so he was confused as to why it was so important for him to be present at this supposed "business meeting" Jaemin rolled his eyes at the memory of his mother's voice reminding him over and over again.

"Sounds boring."

"Oh really," Jaemin walked towards his closet and looked through his clothes for something to wear. "Renjun, no offense, get the fuck out now. I have to leave in an hour."

Renjun scoffed pushing himself off the bed, "dickhead." he tossed over his shoulder as he left the room. Obviously he wasn't offended, the friendship was a tough love kind of thing.

Jaemin threw clothes onto his bed and then rushed into his extravagant bathroom to shower. The water sprayed from all directions, the soothing sound of the water put the stressed boy at ease. For someone as rich as he was, he seemed to be stressed too often. After the quick shower and shaving down the shadow of hair on his face, he got dressed checking the time every now and then to make sure he didn't lose track of time.

Looking in the mirror as he secured the watch on his wrist, he scanned himself to make sure everything was perfect. His hair was styled to perfection, not even a strand out of place. His crisp white shirt was neatly tucked into his black pants and his shoes shined in the well lit room.

"Here goes." He mumbled not even knowing what we was getting himself into. Jaemin took the elevator to the basement of his apartment where the cars were parked. Finding his sleek black porsche, he slipped in and revved up the engine. He contemplated taking the motorcycle, but the image of his disapproving father filled his head.

The restaurant that the meeting was happening in wasn't far, in fact it was only a 15 minute drive. Perks of living in the center of the city. Pulling up to the front of the five star Michelin restaurant, his car was quickly taken away by the valet while Jaemin was escorted to his parents. No introduction needed, everyone knew the young heir.

"Father, Mother." Jaemin nodded at his parents, feigning respect when in reality his eyes were drawn to the waitresses in front of him. Jaemin licked his lips, but snapped out of it as a man approached them to take them to the vip room.

"What's this about?" Jaemin pulled his mother's hand to slow her down so he could ask her, he was definitely more comfortable with her than his father. The older lady merely shrugged in response. She looked at her only son in pity, but knew it needed to be done for the future of the company.

"Hello Mr. Kim! Sorry to keep you waiting." Jaemin fought off the urge to scoff at the sound of his father's fake nice voice. "This is my wife Mirae and my son Jaemin." Jae Young introduces his family to the man standing in front of him.

The man began to speak, probably introducing his family but Jaemin was too distracted to pay attention. He was too busy looking at the fish tank that surrounded them in the dimly lit room.

Jaemin replied to questions when asked, but other than that he remained quiet. He questioned he had to be wasting time here in the first place. The courses began to rotate. The fourth course was brought out when the conversation shifted to something Jaemin cared about: himself.

"You're probably wondering why we are meeting," Jaemin glanced up at the man and waited for him to continue. "The only rival to the Kim Corporations is your company." Of course everyone knew that, Jaemin began to wonder why that mattered.

"For years we fought for the top position." Jaemin's father threw in. "But we realized we would so much more powerful together." Jaemin quickly picked up. The wanted to form an alliance, a partnership, but that didn't require Jaemin being there.

"Son," Jaemin glanced up at Mr. Kim. "What do you think about my daughter? Is she pretty?" Jaemin couldn't help the surprised look on his face as his eyes fell upon the girl sitting across from him. She was pretty sure, and her shy smile was heartwarming but he didn't see why that mattered. Shrugging he replied, "Yeah, she is pretty."

"We want you two, the heir and heiress, of our companies to marry and form an alliance between our companies." The boy choked at the news. It processed slowly, like the words were traveling through his head on at a time.

"What do you two think?" Mr. Na asked after the silence.

"I'm okay with it." The girl, Nana, announced. Jaemin saw she was pretty and she was probably really smart too, but pretty and smart didn't cut it for him. At this point in his life nothing cut it. The boy pushed back and stood up to his full height.

"No way in hell-"

"Na Jaemin!" His father's voice was like a jab. Threatening and dark.

"Excuse me." Jaemin ran out of the room and out of the restaurant as fast as his feet could carry him.  Ignoring his mother calling his name. He didn't wait for the valet to bring his car, instead he went out and found it himself, snatching the keys off the table himself. He felt pathetic running away like some little kid. He was pathetic. Or at least that's what he thought about himself. Throwing his phone into the back of his car, the boy gassed out of the parking garage. Hoping his problems would stay behind.

It wasn't until he had driven aimlessly for an hour did the severity and senselessness of what was said at the dinner realized. Jaemin tugged at his hair.

"That's fucked up." He yelled into his car. It wasn't like this was the 1900s for his parents to want to arrange a marriage.

"No way in hell am I going to let this shit happen. I'm going to get out of it. I have to." He whispered to himself as he pressed down harder on the gas pedal not caring about the speed limit or his parents' disappointment.

Yo sorry for the wait in this update

ILY