Chapter 29

"It's finally Friday!" Ned exclaimed enthusiastically as the bell rang at the end of their last class.

"Do we still agree that I can stay with you?" Peter asked on the way to the lockers. His parents were both out of town, and he was supposed to stay with Ned all weekend. He was looking forward to the weekend at Leeds, but if he could choose, he would stay at home. With mom and dad. It's not what it used to be since that excursion to Oscorp. At least that's how it seemed to him.

"Of course! Do you have to even ask? My mom was missing you too," Ned replied with a smirk.

"I'll stop at home and Happy will take me to you at five."

"Okay, dinner will be at six. That's just time for us to finish our model," Ned informed him, reminding Peter of what his dad had bought him last week.

"And after dinner, we can start built Razor Crest!"

"What? You are kidding! This is a limited edition," Ned exclaimed in shock.

"I've had him at home for a week. Not unpacked yet, I just forgot to mention it to you."

"How many pieces?"

"1023. That will take us part of the evening. And then we can watch the movie," suggested Peter, who was starting to really look forward to Ned. With all the madness going on now, he was glad to spend some time with his best friend.

"Phantom menace?"

"Well, that goes without a doubt," Peter grinned. It was their tradition. Whenever they had a sleepover, they watched a random episode of Star Wars, but later they immediately started playing the Phantom menace.

"Great. I have to go now, my mother still wants to go shopping," he said, saying goodbye to him with their typical handshake.

Peter put textbooks that he didn't need for the weekend in the locker and went out of school too. Happy must have been waiting for him, and everyone knew how reluctant Happy was to wait for someone. Which was a little strange given his choice of profession. As soon as he left school, a hair on his neck stood up and he stopped so he could look around. He didn't see anything suspicious, but he was sure someone was watching him.

He forgot about the waiting Happy and walked around the corner of the school. He wanted to let it be, but he couldn't ignore his sixth sense. He didn't even have to go extra far. In fact, as soon as he turned the corner out of sight of the outgoing students, who were glad it was the weekend, he saw a brown-haired woman. Her face was familiar to him, but at this point, he could not place her anywhere.

"Peter? Is that you?" she exhaled uncertainly, and Peter frowned. It wasn't uncommon for people on the street not to recognize him, because he was the son of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, but it occurred to him that it was something personal. And he didn't like it. He didn't know the woman.

"Do we know each other?" he asked, trying to keep his voice firm. His senses screamed directly at him to get out of this situation, but he was so curious now.

"Oh, my little bat, you've grown so much," she said softly, and Peter's face twisted. That's what only Dad called him.

"I'm sorry, but how did you come up with this? Do we know each other?" he repeated his question. He was still standing in one place, keeping some distance.

"You do not remember me?"

"If I did, I wouldn't ask you," he said, a little sharper than he wanted. But he would really like to know the answer.

"Same as your father. I know it's been so many years, but I was recently attacked and so shaken after the experience. And I realized what I left behind," she finally explained, and Peter finally realized how he knew her! She was the lady he saved the other time as Spider-man. My God, did she find out he was Spider-man? Is that why she was here? Dad will kill him!

"I'm sorry, ma'am," he said nervously. What is commonly said about this?

"Peter, it's me. Your mom," she told him with a small smile on her face, and Peter laughed.

"That will probably be a mistake. You know, my mom is-" he began with a laugh that froze on his face as he put it all together.

The woman in front of him was his biological mother. He didn't know what to say. He thought he would never see her again and honestly? He hadn't even thought about her for the last few years. And why should he? She left them when he was little, so he doesn't remember her. As far as he can remember, his mother has always been Pepper.

"Peter?" came a male voice from a distance, and Peter was saved. He turned to make sure he could really hear his father's voice.

"Dad! You're back!" he shouted in surprise when Tony really appeared around the corner.

"What are you doing here? I've been waiting for you in front of the school for ten minutes," he asked, and Peter turned his head back to where his mother stood. No, where the donor of the egg stood. What was he supposed to call her? If only he could remember her name!

"I just..." he muttered, examining the empty space in horror. It was better when she wasn't here anymore. And he had to make an excuse because he couldn't tell his father the truth for anything in the world.

"Nevermind, we don't have time for this, so get going," he said, turning to leave.

"We have no time? What do you mean? And how come you're back?" he asked one question after another as he followed him.

"I'm only here for a minute. I had to pick you up," he replied.

"You had to pick me up? But I'm at Ned's this weekend," he said in confusion.

"Plans are changing. You're flying with me to Germany. It got a little worse with the team and I am missing people. You will do everything I tell you, do you understand?" he informed him and got into the car.

"I'm getting a little lost. You will have to slow down."

"You will help me kick Cap's ass. Not a word to mom! Do we understand each other?" he asked, glancing at him.

"Like... like I'm going to fight with the Avengers? Next to Nat?" he blurted out when he finally realized.

"Wow, is Aunt Nat more interesting than your dad Iron Man?" Tony teased. Peter shone like a moon and completely forgot about the previous incident.

•••

The b*tch is back, I am really curious about your opinions.