°So glad I didn't listen to myself°

'Dude, did you hear? We've got a new worker here' Julian whispered, munching on his breakfast sandwich.

'Really? What department are they working in?' Sean asked, eating all the food that fell out of Julian's breakfast.

'I think she's a weather forecaster.'

'Oh it's a she? And she's going to be working with me?' Sean smirked devilishly, one brow raised up in question.

'Don't even try, bro. You need to learn to live a life without flings' Julian laughed, his lips covered  in creamy sauce and lettuce.

'Geez, I just wanted to make a new friend' Sean joked, passing Julian a napkin as he wiped off the mess on his mouth. Julian rolled his eyes sarcastically, patting Sean's back firmly.

'Don't try anything with her. I'm serious, dude... I'm watching you' Julian laughed, glaring at his best friend as he walked back to the news department.

'I'm not going to date her' Sean thought aloud.

'Sean! There you are. Come quick, I'm going to introduce you to your new partner' Sean's manager- Tim said, waving him over. Sean scurried towards him, watching a girl with long brown hair do her job, her back faced towards him.

Please don't be hot, please dont be hot, Sean prayed in his head, his two hands clasped together as he kept one eye opened.

'You okay, Sean?' Tim questioned worriedly, glancing at his praying hands.

'Oh yeah. I'm just praying that -uh um- just praying that the new weather forecaster has a good day in work today' Sean lied awkwardly, scratching his neck all the while he whistled.

'Okay. You do that. I'm going to bring her here, and you guys can talk over a cup of coffee' Tim explained concerned, as he walked away from Sean and towards the new girl. Sean watched as Tim chatted with her. A loud gasp left his mouth when she turned to face him, a megawatt smile playing delicately on her lips. 

God damnit, she just has to be attractive. Doesn't she? Sean scoffed mentally.

'Sean, this is Kaycee. Kaycee, this is Sean' Tim introduced, pointing at the pair.

'Hi, you must be the other weather forecaster' Kaycee smiled, opening her hand for him to shake.

'Yup, that's me. Yeah, uh-okay' Sean chuckled nervously, shaking her hand a little too firmly. Tim  sent him a questioning look, leading the pair to a table where coffee was prepared.

'Just have a chat, and get to know now each other. You will be working with each other,' Tim elucidated, leaving the pair alone.

'So, how long have you been working here?' Kaycee started, leaning her face onto the palm of her hands.

'Oh just for um- 10 months' Sean answered, his words stuck in his throat as he focused his attention on the beauty in front of him.

'Oh cool. Is it nice here?' Kaycee asked again, keeping the conversation rolling.

Sean took a large gulp of his coffee, quenching his dry throat but it did no favors as it went went back to its dry state when he glanced at Kaycee. 

'Yeah, everyone's super friendly'.

'That's great. I love friendly people' Kaycee giggled, her melodious laugh sending a shiver down Sean's spine.

'So, are you new in town?' Sean managed to croak out, not directly looking at the brunette.

'Yes actually. Just moved in' Kaycee chirped, pushing the coffee slightly away from her face, so that the strong smell didn't clog up her nostrils.