Chapter 55

Jennie's POV

"Oi Jennie! If your not going to wake up any second now, I'll make sure I'll have your makeup ruined by a bottle of water." My eyes immediately shot open when I heard Hanbin threaten me. I shot him a glare which he only brushed off with a cheeky smile and somehow a very amused one.

"We're already here?" I asked when I saw a lot of car butts in front of ours. I gave him another glare when I realized that we haven't even arrived and he just woke me up from my sweet slumber. I was already at the climax of the great dream I was having.

"Hey. You were pursing your lips awhile ago. Were you dreaming about kissing somebody?" He asked and that caught me off guard. I unconsciously blushed and avoided his curious look. I immediately scolded myself for doing that because he was now smirking at me knowingly. "Who was it?"

"Why would I tell you?" I retorted, still not facing him. But my eyes were still observing his reaction. Through my peripheral view obviously. It's not like I have eyes on the sides of my head. And right now, he was grinning like an idiot. As if mocking me.

"Never mind then." He focused his eyes again on the road. Silence enveloped the car which we didn't mind because this is kinda normal for the two of us. "I wonder what Jisoo and Soojoo are doing right now?" He tapped his chin while ignoring the irritated glare I sent him.

Did he really just have to ruin my mood before the event? Jerk he is.

"Probably having more fun than I am." I mumbled out of earshot. I placed my head on the window of the car and sighed. I didn't even notice that I was gripping on the necklace Jisoo gave me.

That girl seriously just can't get out of my head. But I'm seriously still hoping that she could join me at the Dance. Even just this time... I can hold her again, dance with her, and kiss her just this last time.

I released another sigh. A shaky one. I can't believe I'm being an emotional mess right now. I inhaled a deep breath and put on a smile. I shouldn't let this thing get in the way of my fun.

C'mon Jen, she's never coming back.

"Alrighty! We're here!" Hanbin announced happily before I even realized that we were definitely here. He parked the car and got off.

I immediately tidied myself and was about to get out of the car when someone suddenly opened the door for me. What shocked me was that Hanbin was being a gentleman right now and I have never imagined him being like this. Ever. Not even in my wildest dreams.

"Come on. This is even more embarrassing for my part but this is also sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said awhile ago." He did look sincere at least. I smiled and got off the car before hugging him. He stiffened for a second before hugging back and swaying the two of us. He isn't a sweet guy but he is the best brother I could ever ask for.

"I forgive you."

"Oh yeah right. You should wear this." He pulled back and showed me a black mask with silver glitters everywhere and a few gems attached to it. "The principal told us to wear masks at the last minute." He clarified when he saw the questioning look I gave him. I nodded and quickly wore the mask. He wore his too.

I honestly couldn't recognize him that easily.

After all that, we were finally in front of the doors that will show us inside the large room for the Dance. My brother and I entered with arms hooked together.

We were met by a very fabulous-looking room. Everything looked amazingly detailed. The ceiling, the dance floor, the tables, the food, and much more. It was amazing for short.

"That's also our reaction when we entered awhile ago." Two people approached us and I couldn't have recognized them if it wasn't for Lisa's laugh.

I observed them and I can say that they really do suit each other. With Lisa on a tux that totally fits her and Chaeyoung on her simple yet elegant dress, they looked wow. If the party last time was blue and white, right now... it was red-black and blue.

(Yes, it's based on their comeback hair colors. I think.)

"You surely love blue, Chaeng." Hanbin commented making Chaeyoung giggle. That earned a glare from Lisa to Hanbin. As if saying... "Don't flirt with my girl, dumbass."

"You guys look stunning." I butted in to ease the tension developing all over the four of us.

"Not as stunning as you, Unnie." Lisa playfully winked at me earning a glare from brother as if saying, "Look who's flirting now, Manoban." Lisa didn't back down and glared at him with the same tensity. I only shook my head because of the behavior of the two.

"Oi! Tonight isn't about fighting but about fun. Geez... calm yourselves for once." Chaeyoung dragged Lisa away from in front of Hanbin but before that she said, "Have fun, later, Unnie."

Later? What's about later?

"You surely would have fun considering a lot of people will ask for your first dance. Good luck later." Hanbin patted my head before we walked towards the table where Lisa and Chaeyoung sat.

"By the way, who's your partner? It's certainly not me."

"About that... I don't have a partner, I kinda lied about that. So I'll be sticking with you for awhile and besides, I wanna be your first dance." My brother winked at me making me laugh.

A few moments later, the principal came out to speak his announcement and whatever. The event was going smoothly and now we were enjoying our food. The couple in front of me and my brother were totally enjoying the food just based on their expressions.

A few moments later it was announced that the highlight of the event will be starting which will be, obviously, the dance part. But I'm not up to it really. As the music started, I got goosebumps. Just seeing the intense stares given to me, I felt uncomfortable so I excused myself. My brother nodded and so I go.

I went to the small balcony area and felt the cold night air calm me. I released a sigh and looked up to the moon.

Beautiful.

But then suddenly, Jisoo's face appeared on the surface of the full moon. My eyes widened. I closed my eyes tight then opened it again. Jisoo's face disappeared.

I'm going crazy. But...

"I miss you, love." I bitterly smiled. A few tears escaped my eyes which surprised me. I quickly wiped it then exhaled a shaky breath.

I looked up at the starry sky and to my surprise, a shooting star passed by. I immediately closed my eyes and made a wish. Sounds childish but yes, I did wish for something.

I really wish you were here with me, Jisoo.

Everything went silent. As I opened my eyes, a tap on my shoulder was felt. My body became stiff as a rock. My heartbeat fastened like it'll burst out of my chest. My breathing became shallow. My entire body heated as if I was on fire but hell, why does it feel so pleasurable?

I slowly turned around and my eyes widened at the person smiling in front of me.

It was...

...

• Oh dear, who is it? •