Chapter 26

ALICE POV

"I don't understand what you are trying to achieve here."

We were currently in Antonio's room together. He had been insisting that we ate all of our meals together. But of course that had to be done in the bedroom because he had chained my ankle to the bedpost. Anyone would have thought it would be easier to simply untie me so we could eat in the dining room, but no. This was my 'punishment'. I was confined to his room until he could trust me again. I found it ridiculous how he was punishing me for trying to kill myself however I had already seen the lengths he would go to in order to hurt me if I pissed him off and didn't want any repeats. Therefore I complied.

"I am trying to regain your trust and show that I'm not as bad as you think I am."

I glared at him, finding his justification for this unexpected gentleness pathetic.

"Not as bad as I think....yeah right."

I let out a sarcastic laugh along with the comment. It aggravated him slightly as he soon fired back with his defense.

"Yes! I know that you think I'm some evil, deranged psych-"

I cut him off, to blinded by anger. He genuinely believed that I was in the wrong here!

"YOU FUCKING RAPED ME ANTONIO!"

I dropped my fork onto the plate with a loud clash, hard metal against the fine china.

He too put down his cutlery and stared intently at me before opening his mouth to give yet another meaningless apology.

"I'm sorr-"

"No Antonio! You don't get to apologize for this! I just don't understand you!"

His facial expression still remained blank, as if he was studying me intently.

"I have no one to talk to, your keeping me chained up in your bedroom like some fucking animal"

I shook my ankle to emphasize my point.

"I'm so lonely and you just keep popping up everywhere and expect everything to be ok!"

He let out a sigh. He still remained calm though, I was both surprised and glad that I had made it this far into a heated conversation without him lashing out at me. Usually by now I would be clutching my burning cheek who fell victim to a harsh slap, but there had been nothing yet.

"Then talk to me."

I stared back at Antonio in confusion, not understanding him.

"Talk to me. Look Alice, I swear that I won't hurt you. You can be honest and I won't punish you for it."

He kept encouraging me after seeing my hesitance. I was not worried that it was a trap because surely if that was the case, he would have seemed less sincere. I was scared that his angry side would take over no matter what his original intentions were.

"I......I don't know......what do I say.....Err"

Although I hated Antonio with all of my power, I didn't know what to say. I was all of a sudden simply lost for words as if my mind had gone blank.