thirteen

────── TWO YEARS LATER

Everyone lost loved ones and even their own way of living. Trash littered the streets, old cars were piled on top of each other from when the Blip first happened, and people continued to visit the stones that had the carved names of people they once knew.

Thor Odinson continued to rule over his people in New Asgard, but they rarely saw him because he drowned his miseries with alcohol and junk food.

Ophelia Odindottir traveled the world as an Avenger, using her magic to restore damaged buildings, find orphaned children, and help people on a path to new findings.

Steve Rogers attempted to help others by going to therapy sessions. He didn't tell them to forget because he himself couldn't do that.

Keys in hand and jacket folded over his arm, he stepped out of the room after a session, only to stop at a figure standing by the entrance. Ophelia was picking at her nails for a moment more before she noticed he was staring at her.

"Steven," she said, looking away from her nails. "I thought I'd come visit you."

He walked toward her and brought her in for a hug. She hugged him back, and it was anything but short. Their relationship was a bit complicated. They hadn't mentioned their feelings for each other or the past, but they knew they still loved each other.

"Where have you been?" he questioned, letting her go.

Her hand rested on his forearm as she looked up at him. "Brazil. There are many children there. I restored their homes and did my best to find temporary homes for them."

He smiled softly. "How bad is it?"

She pursed her lips. "Everywhere is bad, Steven. But I'm not here to talk about that. Shall we grab dinner?"

"I'd like that." He offered her his arm and she took it. "How long have you been back?"

"Two hours," she answered. "I met up with Natasha and helped with her search for Barton before walking here."

"You walked here?"

"Exercise, Steven. We all need it. Is that a little flab I'm seeing?" she teased.

He scoffed. "Funny."

"Ah, yes, I forget Super Soldiers always stay handsome."

"Bucky was always the handsome one," he murmured.

The two fell into a silence after that. He was hurt by the fact that he lost his best friend once more. The two barely had a whole conversation together before he was taken away in the fork of ash and wind.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"It's not your fault, Phelia."

She chuckled softly. "Honestly, Steven, of all nicknames to come up with."