06 - pull up,

I pulled up to the address Tiny sent me, seeing a few cars already parked out front

I pulled up to the address Tiny sent me, seeing a few cars already parked out front. A few people stood outside, none of them looking familiar to me. Pulling the visor down, I checked my hair in the mirror, along with my makeup. I did a light beat on my face, it was only going to be close people there, so I didn't feel the need to go all out and be extra.

Getting out of the car, I hit the alarm to lock the car and proceeded to walk towards the house. The guys that were standing outside all spoke to me, I simply sent a wave their way passing by them.

As soon as I walked into the house, the smell of food hit my nostrils, along with the burning smell of charcoal.

"Oh my gosh, is that Lotus?" I heard someone exclaimed, turning my head to the right of me, I saw Tiny's little sister, Shiah, coming down the stairs. She practically hopped the last few flight of stairs, and ran towards me with her arms extended wide. "It is you! Oh my gosh!" she shouted, wrapping her arms around me, wide smiles plastered on both of our faces.

"You got so big," I cupped her face, examining over her before pulling her into another tight hug. She pulled away and pulled me towards the kitchen where there were voices. We walked in to see Tiny, and the rest of her aunts along with her mom.

"Lotus!" Tiny cheesed, placing her soda on the counter, rushing over to me. "You actually came! On everything, I really thought you wasn't gone come." she said, as we hugged.

"Yea' I just wanted to drop by and show my face. You look cute—hey how y'all doing?" I waved to the rest of the women. Tiny's mom came over to me and gave me a hug as well, I chatted with her for a few minutes as well as her aunts, them trying to pry all in my business, askin' me where I been.

Even though I respected Tiny's mama, and her aunts, I knew how they liked to gossip about other folks business, and I didn't need mine heard through the grapevine.

I followed Tiny out to the pool deck, where majority of our friends were with their families. The guys were sitting at one of those foldable tables, playing cards, as some of the kids were in the pool playing 'marco polo', a few of the older adults lounging around in the pool chairs, Frankie Beverly and Maze playing in the background on the big speakers posted on each side of the fence.

"Sis!" Bambi smiled approaching me with a drink in her hand, "Me and Mid were just planning on how we was bout' to come kidnap yo' ass," she started grinning, causing me to playfully roll my eyes.

"Girl you and Mid will get lit the fuck up," I joked making both her and Tiny laugh.