Chapter Sixty-Seven

Third Person

[Same day, Morning]

It was seven in the morning when Jihyo, Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Nayeon left their dorm as they were asked to go to the building to see the composers and work with them on the upcoming album.

While they were in the car, no one ever talked. What happened between Chaeyoung and Y/N really affected the whole group as they witnessed and heard everything. And most likely it's all new to them.

Chaeyoung woke up as if she chose not to talk unless only needed. The amount of words she spilled that night is the opposite amount of what she's spilling right now.

The whole time as they got to the building and started their schedule. It all went well, just as expected. They chose to continue the work the other day after spending some hours working with the songs.

Before they go to their next schedule, which is the practice with the others for their choreography, they decided to go out and eat since it's already lunch.

While the three are talking about where to eat, Chaeyoung at their back, saw their manager talking to someone outside the building. She happened to recognize the person which is why she decided to come to them.

"Manager Kris, what's happening here?" Chaeyoung asked as she walked to their manager.

She looked at the person and smiled. The person was surprised, struck by the older's visual.

"Oh, nothing. She's Ashley by the way, she's Y/N's best friend." Kris said as she introduced the person she was talking to.

Chaeyoung smiled again as she greeted the girl.

"Is there any reason why she's here?"

"Oh well, I already talked to Ms. Kris. I actually had some errands nearby, and I decided to go here to check on Y/N. She hasn't called me since the last day. She called me and said she's not doing good, so I just wanna check if she's doing fine. But Ms. Kris she's fine, she'll come later for her schedule so, I think that's set my mind in peace." Ashley explained.

Chaeyoung nodded as she suddenly thought of something.

"Chae, we're going now," Dahyun called.

"Uhm, I think I'll pass."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, enjoy," Chaeyoung said then she looked at Ashley again.

"Uhm, if you don't mind me asking, are you free right now?"

"Like me?" Ashley said and looked at Kris.

"Yeah."

"I mean...Yeah! Sure, why not? I'm all free." Ashley chuckled.

"Great, a coffee is fine with you?"

"Anything as long with you, I'm a huge fan, if you don't mind me sharing."

"I know, uhm, let's go."

The two of them went to the coffee shop nearby the building. As they made their order, Chaeyoung tried to open the conversation little by little.

"So, why are you doing outside the building again?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Well... Since you're also Y/N's member, I will tell you. Y/N called me last time, she said she was having a hard time. She said she wants to give up because she doesn't think she was doing good with the group. And by that, I mean, she thinks she's messing with the group."

Chaeyoung went more serious as she heard what Ashley said.

"She said everyone is getting the steps pretty fast, and she thinks she's just a burden that's why she wanted to quit."

"I didn't know she was feeling that..."

"Well, she said everyone was so excited that's why everything you do is very fast compared to what she expected. If you think, her schedule before is just her, and she doesn't have to think much, but now is different. She even mentioned she stayed in the building to practice longer."

"She does."

"I told her maybe she's pushing herself too hard. Well, what can I say? Y/N grew up in a household where she gets to be treated like a princess. When she goes out, that's when her fear starts."

"She thinks about that a lot. She's afraid that she won't fit in with the others, because inside her house, she never gets to experience bad treatment, not even a yell for once."

Chaeyoung looked up at Ashley as she heard the last sentence.

"Of all the people I know that got treated very well in their house, Y/N is the only person I know who thinks that when she goes out of her home, the people around her will be different."

After hearing that, Chaeyoung felt guilt as she also remember how she talked to her sister last night. She could have handled it well, but she let her emotions drive her and control her.

She didn't even think of what she said after that. Which is now slowly sinking into her.

"Thank you, Ashley. I really enjoyed talking to you."

"Same goes here, but for real, I hope you could help Y/N too. She's overthinking sometimes, especially around new people. Quite contrary to what she chose to pursue, but that's really her. I kinda think she chose this too to overcome that fear."

"I will, talking to you was a big help."

"I'm glad it does. Anyway, I need to go back now, It was fun talking to you. I hope to meet you next time again."

"Sure you will. Thank you again."

Since that moment, Chaeyoung recalled that night. She knows she messed up so bad, and she hates it too, but she knows she can't do anything to make Y/N forget about the moment last night. She just wants to make things up, and hopefully, after that, she would do better.

____________

The girls went home after practice. They ordered their food as they planned and went to their rooms to change for a while. Not so long after their orders came, Tzuyu walked into the dining room and saw the others.

"It's unfair, Jihyo didn't contribute!" Nayeon whined.

"Why are you so whiny, Mina and I already bought what you want!" Jeongyeon said to Nayeon.

"What do you mean? I was the one who suggested to just order food outside." Jihyo reasoned making the others laugh.

"Sana and Chaeyoung didn't contribute," Jihyo added.

"Yah, I suggested for dessert!"

"What? Who ordered?"

Chaeyoung walked in after she went out while everyone is busy.

"There!" Sana shrieked in excitement as she pointed at Chaeyoung.

"What's that?"

"Ice cream, that's all I got from the store," Chaeyoung said.

"Oh my! I was craving for it this morning, glad you bought some!" Sana said.

Chaeyoung glanced at Y/N who was literally eyeing the ice cream, she made sure she got Y/N's favorite flavor too. She succeeded tho, the younger can't seem to remove her gaze from the ice cream while they are eating.

After they ate, they grabbed themselves ice cream. Y/N sat in the living room where the others are. She sat on the couch comfortably as she eats ice cream.

The younger is wiggling her toes while eating, her happiness can't be hidden and that's for sure. Chaeyoung on the other hand noticed it too and she can't help but to smile as she sees that moment.