Christmas with the Dragneel's!

Chapter 25 - recap

"Let's go home, I want to make sure we aren't spotted again," Natsu decides and I nod, following along side him on the way home. I thought about Christmas and the gift I had gotten him earlier in the year. I smiled as I thought about his reaction. I couldn't wait...

• * •

Chapter 26 - Christmas with the Dragneel's!

Not to say I wasn't excited, but the energy between Natsu and Wendy was off the charts. They where running around singing carols and and wreaking havoc around the mansion. I waited patiently for Mr. and Mrs. Dragneel to return home, a trait not shared with Wendy or Natsu.

As I waited I decided to pull on a cute red dress with classic white fur lining it. A black belt encircled my waist and I pulled on red and white stripped long socks. I glanced in the mirror and after nodding in approval of myself I stepped into the hall.

I heard Natsu and Wendy coming so I back up towards the wall. Natsu spotted me and froze. When Wendy stopped finally she stared at me with her mouth open.

"Wow," she breathed.

"Luce...you look, amazing," Natsu murmured. I blushed and looked down.

Wendy walked over to me and grabbed my hand. "I want to look a lot like you when I get older.." She whispered.

I smiled at her and ran my hand through her hair as she hugged me, her head resting against my stomach.

"Sometimes I used to think you where my mom, since Mama is always busy..." She muttered softly into my belly. I pulled her hair behind one hear and then crouched in front of her.

"I will always be here for you, alright?" I tap her nose and she giggles.

"Yeah! Thank you Lucy!" She gave me a fleeting hug before running off. I pushed myself to my feet as I watched her run. I felt a pair of arms encircle themselves around my waits and I smiled.

"You are going to be the best mom," Natsu says.

"W-what? I was just...being nice..." I shrug.

"And you looked right at home helping her out. I think you will be a great mom Lucy," he pulls me closer. I blush slightly as we stand there for a while, him just holding me in the hall.

"Mama and Papa are home!" Wendy's excited voice rings through the halls. Natsu releases his hold on me and we head to the main entrance where Mr and Mrs. Dragneel where walking in. I smile at them and give a small wave.

"You're back!" Natsu grins and hugs his mom and shakes his father's hand.

"I take it everything went fine here?" Mrs. Dragneel asks. I nod in response.

"Well, I'd say it's about time we got to celebrating," Mr. Dragneel grinned. Wendy and Natsu cheered and raced off to the dinning hall where dinner was being set out. Mrs. Dragneel catches sight of my necklace and smiles.

"I see it wont be much longer now," she says before walking towards the others. I follow behind and sit down at my place and we all talk and eat. When we finish we watch Christmas movies before going to bed.

• * •

"Lucy Lucy Lucy! Wake up!" Wendy shook me violently. For a small girl she had ridiculous strength.

"Okay, okay! I'm up, stop shaking me," I hold my head as I sit up. She ran from my room yelling Natsu's name.

"Seems I escaped her wrath," Natsu's voice behind me made me shriek in surprise and nearly fall over.

"Natsu!" I groan. He laughs evilly and I hit his arm. Then we get up and head to the sitting room where the large tree waited for us with lots of gifts beneath the tree. Once everyone was ready we tore into the gifts. I gave Natsu my gift to him last. When he opened the gift he stares at it for a little bit before looking at me.

"You still remembered that?" He asks.

I nodded. "How could I forget?"

He pulled a replica of The Dragon's Guild book that he had lost a long time ago. I had found one and bought it without a second thought. He suddenly pulled me over to him and planted a kiss on my forehead. I sat there staring at the ground for a moment trying to get the flush color on my face to leave.

After we finished we ate breakfast and enjoyed messing with our new things all day, especially Wendy. When nightfall came I lay in bed staring out the large window at the stars. A song came to my mind and I sang it softly.

" 'Cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars.

I'm gonna give you my heart.

'Cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars.

'Cause you light up the path.

I don't care, go on and tear me apart.

I don't care if you do.

'Cause in a sky, cause in a sky full of stars.

I think I saw you.

'Cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars.

I want to die in your arms, arms.

'Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark.

I'm going to give you my heart.

And I don't care, go on and tear me apart.

And I don't care if you do.

'Cause in a sky, cause in a sky full of stars.

I think I see you.

I think I see you.

Because you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars.

Such a heavenly view.

You're such a heavenly view..."

• * •

Chapter 27 - New Year, New Surprises - preview

I fell to my knee's, not caring as pain jolted through them.

"She...she..." I stumble over my words like a baby learning to speak.

"She never fell ill, Lucy. She was perfectly healthy when she drew her last breath," his voice made me cringe.

"Why did you lie?! Why did you lie to me!" I scream my questions at him.

"Because I wanted to keep you from the harsh truth," he said coldly.

"No, you did it because you where selfish and didn't want to be my father. You never have," I spit.

• * •

The song was Coldplay's A Sky Full of Stars

hi guys!! Sorry this is late... >.<

Things happened...life...anyway, who says you can't have a little Christmas after Christmas? I hope you enjoyed it... ^•^

Oh and thank you so freaking much for almost 5k reads! You guys blow my mind!!! I never would have thought I'd ever gain such an amazing group of readers. From the great comments I get to the amount of support...

You guys give me so many reasons to smile and it means a lot! (Sorry for being sappy, I can't help it :P )

I love you all so much <3

~ Kels-chan/BunnyGirl