Chapter 56

Jennie's POV

It was...

"Taehyung?"

I actually felt disappointed and hopeless right after I saw Taehyung. I actually expected that it'd be Jisoo. I mean, a girl can dream right?

"Disappointed that it wasn't who you wanted it to be?" He questioned with a soft smile placed on his handsome face. I mean, yes. Of course, Taehyung is handsome but it's nothing special really. I'm pretty sure a lot of people tell him that.

"Not at all." I denied with a smile. A forced one to be exact.

"Stop it, Jen. I can see clearly that you are. Geez..." He ruffled his own hair before cheekily smiling at me. He took a deep breath before handing his hand out on me. I was confused of the action but then he pointed to the dance floor with his lips.

"Um..." I really didn't wanna dance right now. Especially because I've been dreaming of having Jisoo as my first dance and not someone else. As Taehyung noticed my hesitant response, he put his hand on my shoulder making me face him. His face wasn't that close thankfully.

"Don't worry, I already asked your brother and he agreed with me being your dance mate or partner if that made you uncomfortable."

It surely did.

But I couldn't really say that and I'll only feel guilty afterwards if I reject him so I accepted his hand even if it's against my will.

His box smile immediately appeared as we made our way to the dance floor. A few jealous stares were given our way but I'm sure Taehyung didn't even look the least affected. How professional.

As the slow music started, he immediately placed his hands on my waist. Well, he hovered his hands on top of my waist. I felt relieved that at least, Taehyung's a gentleman. I placed my hands on his shoulder and he didn't seem to mind.

"By the way, how are you here?" I asked out of the blue and he looked confused about my question. I rolled my eyes then took a deep breath to speak again. "To rephrase that, how come you entered here? Your not a student here and I'm pretty sure that people from outside the school aren't supposed to be invited." I immediately stopped when I saw his amused smile lingering on his lips. I raised a brow which made him stop smiling.

"To answer your question, the planner of the event is the wife of my sister. So Seulgi was invited with Irene, who is my sister, and so Irene dragged me here which I didn't mind. And then, I saw you on the balcony while I was roaming around the place which I found truly amazing because I was getting bored. My sister and Seulgi just made out all of a sudden when they reached the restroom." He abruptly stopped when he saw my flushed face. I really didn't wanna know that. Especially because I haven't had y'know what for quite awhile. So um... I was around and decided to at least say hi." He finished off with his famous box smile. I'm pretty sure if Jisoo wasn't so pretty, I would've been attracted to Taehyung but who can blame me? Jisoo's a hundred times attractive than him. No offense about that.

"Ah... okay then. Thanks."

After that conversation, silence enveloped us. We only kept dancing but our minds were somewhere else. It was getting awkward but thankfully, Taehyung spoke.

"Um... I'm gonna pass you to Lisa now. She's sending me signals to pass you to her. How desperate." He chuckled before slowly pulling away from me. He bowed at me so I returned the gesture with a appreciative smile before I felt two arms wrap around my waist aggressively.

Before I knew it, I was face-to-face with a grumpy Lisa. I just casually wrapped my arms around her neck which was hard because of the height difference. How can the world be this cruel?