20. Us?

Amber's P.O.V.: 

"Hello, I am Philip Meyer. And, you must be Mr. Collins' assistant, right?" he asked, smiling charmingly. 

"Yes. I am Amber Milburn. Nice to meet you, Mr. Meyer." I replied, politely. 

"I have known your boss since the time he took over the CEO's post. I never heard or saw him having the need of an assistant. It's surprising that he needs one now." he said.

"It's a lot of work and these days he is so busy that he needs an assistant to assist him with minor things." I replied, not knowing what exactly to say because, I myself was confused by his sudden decision of wanting an assistant. 

"By the way, did anyone tell you how beautiful you're looking tonight?" he asked, 

"Thanks for the compliment, Mr. Meyer." I said, blushing. 

I was blushing but from inside I was fuming. Not because of him but because of my 'boss'. 

Flashback: 

He didn't speak anything for almost a minute and just stood there looking at me from top to bottom. 

Is there something on my dress?

I slowly looked down at my dress but it was all good to go. 

I then looked at my face in the small mirror that was in my hand to see if something was wrong with my makeup but my makeup was intact and touch wood, I was looking actually pretty tonight. 

Then why is he looking at me like that? 

Is he mesmerized by my beauty? 

Suddenly, a smile appeared on my face thinking that. 

"Sir? You're okay?" I asked, looking at him with a blush on my face. I couldn't stop myself from grinning, thinking that he was speechless after looking at me tonight. 

This thought sent a thrill through me.

Suddenly, his expression changed. 

"We are getting late, Ms. Milburn. You should have gotten ready faster. I don't like being late." he said, sternly.

"Now, if you're done then shall we go?" he asked, with a straight and emotionless tone.

And the mood swing is back! 

Arghh...he is such a pain in the ass. 

And here I was thinking that he was mesmerized and was speechless looking at me tonight. 

I rolled my eyes internally. 

"Sure, sir." I said as I threw the hand mirror on my bed and closed the door of my room. We then headed towards the elevator.