Six flags

Chapter thirty-one: Six flags (Emma's POV)

I woke up at a little past midnight to an empty bed. I sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes before looking around in confusion. 

Where did he go? 

I checked his nightstand and his phone was right there beside mine and there was no note. "Nick?" I called out, thinking he was in the bathroom but he wasn't. I got out of bed and opened his door, peeking out, looking down the hall but he was nowhere to be seen. Liam was walking this way so I called out his name. "Liam!" I whisper-yelled. 

He looked around before his eyes landed on me. He was heading to the elevator. 

"Have you seen Nick?" I asked when he walked up to me. 

"No, why? Isn't he in here?" he asked in confusion. 

"No, I um- I just woke up and I have no idea where he is, do you?" I questioned. 

"Sorry," he shook his head while shrugging his shoulders. "I'm going to the pool, I'll let him know if I see him there," he said while walking away. 

I nodded in response before he was out of my sight. I know I shouldn't worry because he's not a kid, but I do. I always worry about him. I was about to close the door but I heard voices outside and looked back out and saw Nick walking over in damp swim trunks and wet hair. I should have known he went for a swim. He walked over and stood in front of me. 

"Hey," he smiled. 

"You could've told me you were going swimming," I rolled my eyes. 

"You were asleep," he shrugged while walking inside. 

"You could've left a note," I gave him a pointed look. 

"Where else would I go?" he asked. I simply rolled my eyes before getting back into bed. "I'm going to take a shower, wanna join?" he smirked. 

"Yeah," I said while getting up and walking over to him. 

"Really?" he asked, very surprised. 

"No," I shrugged before pulling him into a kiss. His hands flew around my waist while he leaned against the wall behind him. I stood on my toes as I deepened the kiss for a while before pulling away. 

"That's how you say no?" he asked, a little breathless. 

"Take a shower," I kissed his cheek before crawling back into bed while he sighed as he went in, followed by the sound of water running. He came out after a while in sweatpants and crawled into bed beside me. I wasn't asleep, but I was trying to fall asleep so I just continued to lay there with my eyes closed. 

"I know you're up," he poked my cheek but I continued to pretend. "Em," he whispered. "Emmy," he poked my waist and I yelped, sitting up. "Ha," he taunted. 

"Nick, I'm tired, let me sleep," I mumbled, pulling the covers over my head. 

I heard shuffling and opened my eyes to see him slipping under the covers. "Well, I'm not tired," he said, hovering over me. 

"Where are we going tomorrow?" I questioned. 

"Six Flags, why?" he asked. 

"And when do we leave?" I asked.

"A little after lunch," he answered. 

"Wait, there are no Six Flags in Miami," I thought out loud. 

"Six Flags, Atlantis," he said. 

"The Six Flags that closed in 1992?!" I looked at him in utter confusion.