Confrontation I

I closed the door behind me as i left my sister to her book again.

I sigh and go to the dining hall suddenly feeling a certain hunger.

My stomach growls in agreement to my plan.

I arrive soon and take a seat placing the salad i took before me.

The hall is empty because it's way past the meal time so i start to pick on my salad.

Lost in thought.

What am i going to do?

I wont be able to train with them.

I put the fork down after taking a bite.

Evelyn wants me to forgive them so bad,

But im never going to be able to do that.

How? After what they've done.

"Grace.", a familiar voice brings me back to reality.

I turn around and see Tobias Eaton approaching me with a girl ,whose name appears to be Tris, clinging to his hand.

He has changed over the time we were apart.

The childish facial features he had once were replaced by worried eyes and a few small scars on chin and neck. His arms which were thinner as a branch, weren anymore.

I smile. He grew up.

I stand up and approach them carefully and put my hands onto his shoulders.

"Tobi...", i mutter smiling brighter and pulling him into a hug.

His body tenses but relaxes again a few seconds later.

"Take a seat.", i say looking at Tris and going back to my chair.

They sit directly infront of me.

"Can i ask you something?", Tris says, her voice hardly to hear.

I look up signaling her to go on.

"Whats up with you and Eric?", she asks looking at me with worried eyes.

"Yeah what happened? One day you were just gone and he refused to mention you ever again.", Tobi says frowning.

I sigh.

"Okay... Im gonna tell you. And when im finished i demand that you will not speak about it, think about it or show any other sign of you knowing it infront of me or him. Are we clear?", i mutter.

Nodding.

"Good."

, i say preparing my mind for the following story,

"Eric and i knew eachother for a very long time, since we are both from Erudite. We were always in some kind of competition against eachother, pushing ourselves to go further everytime, that's why we were always the best in every class.

Eventually we got bored there and wanted to leave that goddamn faction.

We couldnt wait for the Aptitude test.", i pause and take a sip of my drink,

"but then, i found out that my test was inconclusive...", i look up and smile weakly. "I realized that i was the one thing my mother hated more than anything..

Divergent."

"Wait... Your mom is..", Tris begins but doesnt manage to finish her sentence.

"Grace Matthews. I should have known.", Tobias mutters.

I smile.

"Well, however i couldnt let anyone find out so i kept it a secret. When Eric decided to leave Erudite and go to Dauntless i followed him and eventually we met Max there. Us three got really close during initiation.

We helped eachother out.

I even managed to hide my divergence, without help and pass my initiation so i could become a proper Dauntless member"

, i pause and smile, lost in thought,

"we were ranking first so we were offered Dauntless leadership, of course we took it and i was glad because like this i could still keep in touch with my mom. I was so proud of ourselves, but it of course my divergence had to fuck it up somehow,

so a year passed,

we started training new initiates,

Tobias was one of them"

, i grab his hand and squeeze it slightly,

"i noticed his divergence and managed to prevent him getting caught before it would get nasty. But eventually everything i worked for and had put my heart into has gone to shit because someone discovered who i truly was."

, the grip around my fork tightens leaving my knuckles white.

"Someone told the other leaders what i was and one day i was greeted by Eric and Max threatening me with a knife and gun. I didnt know what to do.

I was devastated."

, my voice cracks,

" as i tried to fight Max he hit my eye with that fucking knife from which i have that scar.",

i point at the mark under my right eye.

" But this wasnt the thing that was the worst.

Want to know what was? ...

I could only see pure hate in their eyes when they looked at me...

When they looked at their best friend! Who would have died for them!"

, i bring out, my voice shaky.

"I managed to flee eventually, take my sister...and then i got here and helped your mom build this.", i look all around me.

We were now the only ones in the hall.

Four and Tris both stared at me with wide eyes, not knowing what to say.

I throw the fork, that i was still gripping onto, into my plate of untouched salad and let out a sigh to calm myself down.

"I-im sorry. I have to go.", i mutter and rush out of the dining hall, ignoring Tobias' calls and clenching my teeth.

I instantly regretted telling them,

But i couldnt take back my words now could i?

I arrive at my room still on the same floor.

My heart pounds fast against my ribs and i could hear my blood rushing in my ears, when i closed the door behind me and sank onto the floor.

I pull my knees to my chest and bury my head into them as i let the tears go, finally.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.
Please tell me if you like it and if i should keep going on with this story. :)
I have great plans with it and i hope you'll like it.
Ps: most of this is made up and has nothing to do with the actual books anymore.
Thanks!