1

Namjoon pulled out a small, navy blue Swarovski box from inside his suit jacket. He took my hand, gently placing it into my palm.

Namjoon: *whispering* Open it.

I rolled my eyes as a defense against the threatening tears in my eyes. Inside was a rose gold chain bracelet, with a monarch butterfly charm dangling off of it. And that was the last seal to break to make tears stream out of my eyes.

Namjoon: I remember you telling me about how your dad painted your bedroom with butterflies when you two first moved out to the city. And when you got excited he started calling you his-

Me: *softly* little butterfly.

Namjoon: I thought that would give you a piece of him.

Me: *breaking* Thank you.

Namjoon: Come here.

I didn't hesitate to bury myself when he opened his arms. I forgot how nice it felt to be held by him. And how safe it felt to be engulfed in his warm and right grip. I wish it wouldn't end, but it would be better for both of us if it did.

Me: *teary* I gotta go.

Namjoon: I know.

He cupped my face, wiped a tear away with his thumb, looking down at me with soft eyes. We leaned into each other, pressing our lips gently together.

For the last time.

Yeah fucking right.

I wasn't lying when I said that. I really...truly meant it when I said it. At that moment I told myself that no matter what, I won't ever have contact with him...with Namjoon ever again. Even if mayan apocalypse showed up eight years later, I wouldn't so much as think about him.

I'm now a nail technician, which means that I install acrylic nails. I work at "Hera Beauty Nails" which is this very high class salon that charges almost ninety dollars for a set. I work a full shift from nine o'clock opening to five o'clock, two hours before closing. Depending on what other shit I have going on, I can rearrange shifts with the other co-workers like any other retail job.

It varies from person to person, but for me, I can get a set well done in twenty minutes. On a good day, I can do twenty four sets by five, and with tips, I get twenty one hundred dollars a day. I don't need Sooji's dad or Namjoon's money. I only need me and this job.

Five o'clock came around and my shift had ended. My boss (we call her Mrs. Ashley) handed me my weekly check as I counted up my tips. I went to the front desk and signed out then stuffed the tips into my pouch where I hold my money.

Kylee: Hey, Nari.

Me: Hey, love.

Kylee: Are you coming in tomorrow?

Me: Yes ma'am. Why? Do you need me to cover?

Kylee: No. I just know that it's a certain someone's birthday~

Me: Oh god. Don't mention it.

Kylee: I stopped the others from throwing you a surprise party.

Me: Thank you. My friends are probably already going to make a big deal out of it.

Kylee: No problem. But Mrs. Ashley is bringing in cheesecake and those sugar shack donuts. And Lauren bought you a bottle of champagne.

Me: Coolness. But remind Ashley that I'm allergic to gluten.

Kylee: Gotcha.

Me: What is it?

Kylee: Nothing. You're just adorable.