Chapter 10

This chapter is going to be from the perspective of Kai's friends to spice things up a bit :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack's POV

Kai has been acting extremely weird the past couple of days.

For starters, he never ignores texts or calls, and if he misses them he always, and I mean always calls back or replies later.

And it's not just that, after telling me about his family, he's never been a closed-off person, but today he was acting defensive and dodging all of my and Zay's questions about what happened over the weekend

Zay's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I knew he wasn't oblivious towards Kai's weird behavior. And I may be blond but I'm not dumb, I knew something was up.

We all got out of my car and Zay and I were ahead of Kai, he was walking really slowly today. I turned around to look at him and could see the weird way he was limping, wincing with every step. It was a little different from how he limps when he gets hurt during fights.

Zayden followed my gaze and then ran back towards Kai, "Dude what's up with that limp, your walking exactly how Nicole Sheave walked after she tried anal with Jason."

Kai stopped in his place as Zayden went on teasing him, "Awwww, did our Lil Kai finally lose his ass virginity? Or should I just say virginity since we both know you've never fucked anyone."

Kai looked as if he was a deer caught in headlights. His reaction almost seemed as if what Zay said was right.

After Zay slapped Kai's ass I couldn't help but burst into laughter as we walked through the doors of the school and into the halls. Sure Kai was acting weird, but it was kind of funny seeing him so apprehensive, he usually a pretty laid-back person

"Chill Kai," I told him, "He's just kidding. But seriously, why are you walking like that?"

Kai just grumbled, completely avoiding my questions once again, "None of your business."

"Yeah, you don't need to be so uptight, we know you're not into dudes. That'd be nasty." Zay was nonchalant in his words. But I was surprised, I had never heard him say homophobic things.

I don't like that.

But what was weirder was that Kai had stopped walking, he was staring at the ground with his brows furrowed, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

Even if Zayden's homophobic comment was unexpected, the look made it seem like what Zay said offended him personally, like it genuinely hurt him.

"What's up with you, you're acting weird today." I had to ask Kai, his behavior was too abnormal.

Kai was a consistent person, the things that made him mad, upset, uncomfortable, and happy never changed, not for the entirety of the three years we've known each other. His mood today was even stranger than when Gen Z decided to raid area 51 simply because they felt like it.

He quickly cleared his throat, shutting me down again, "N-nothing. I'm fine."

He's clearly not fine. But Zayden who looks like he knows somethings up is too stupid to do anything about Kai's discomfort. I don't know why but he's acting oblivious, but then again it might just be because he's dense.

I was becoming extremely concerned. I haven't known Kai as long as Zay has, but I've always been an observant person. Yes, I am observant even though my hair covers my eyes, I can still see.