𝟎𝟔 | 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 | 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐙𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 | 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐙𝐄

SHE WAS A NIGHTMARE.

As in the woman who had been sent to work alongside me, my mandated help supposedly, ex CIA and FBI, Private Investigator, Sevda Nasrin. I was trying not to glare at her, especially while we were surrounded by other's in the office, and Jameson was clearly on the verge of drooling. Even I couldn't deny she possessed a certain authority, one that radiated off her waves of golden hair.

Peters should have sent Lee down, that would have been far more productive for me. He was incredible at what he did and he was possibly the only person I trusted at the BAU. Instead, I was having my emails bounced back from Peters and given the cold shoulder, while he pushed forward the apparent investigation into the mishaps during the Valadi case.

"Do you always have a frown on your face?"

Sevda casually approached me, coming close enough that I could smell her fragrance, it was too much for me and I considered turning around and heading to the file room, just to avoid the conversation we were about to have.

"Continue to ignore me and I will start to think that you're a misogynistic pig."

"Don't get it twisted." I immediately interrupted her. "That is far from the truth. I just don't know you and don't appreciate being blind-sided on my case."

"Your case?" She drawled. "We're in another jurisdiction, Agent Thayer. We're here to help Detective Jameson. I'd say we're working for him. Peters requested I use my skills and put them to work with you. He claims you're one of their best Profilers."

"The best." I muttered, not amused by her commentary.

"I'm inclined to believe that." Sevda hummed. "After all, Peters was the one who helped me reach my full potential. Whatever you say, SSA Thayer."

Kissass.

I glanced over her shoulder and saw Jameson addressing the dispatchers on duty tonight, who he needed to help fend off the group of women that were gathering outside, before concluding there wasn't really anything else to discuss with Sevda. My elbows were folded and resting behind me while my spine reclined on the desk.

She chose to join me, but she instead leaped onto the wood and sat down with her legs crossed in front of her. I could already sense that she was the type to have it her way, there wasn't going to be any reasoning with her and I was stuck working with her and had no idea how long the investigation and case would last.

We were both adults, we could work side by side, but I knew she did things on her own terms and was very particular about it. Still, I wasn't going to let her hijack the one thing I had an upper hand in. Jameson perhaps agreed, because he beckoned me towards his office, only Sevda trailed closely behind.

"Special Agent Nasrin, at your service." She introduced.

"I'm happy you flew out today." Jameson nodded at Sevda, acknowledging her with grace. "Glad you're here."