~1~

I was in my bedroom, as usual, and my alarm clock was blaring it's jarring annoying sound. Quickly, I turned it off and groaned. What was that dream? It had felt so real I could remember every single detail, and yet I never remember my dreams in this way.
Checking the time, I rolled out of bed and got dressed as fast as I could. I couldn't afford missing the bus and I wanted to grab something to eat before I left. I had slept through my first 4 alarms, pretty much exactly how it had been the last few days, and I was running late again.

At school everything seemed normal. I met up with my friend Maria and we went to our first class together, staying mostly silent as we were both tired, just like normal routine. The classes dragged on and yet I still couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity I had felt in my dream. I couldn't place where I knew this person from and it was starting to bother me a little so naturally, I decided to mention it at lunch.

"What's up? You seem quiet," asked Maria, on our way to the canteen.
"Not much, I had a strange dream last night, that's all."
"Wait- you had a strange dream too? What was yours about?"
"I was in a forest, I think, where there were a lot of rocks and there was a person there that somehow looked familiar?"
She stopped dead in her tracks and looked at me, "That's odd, I had the exact same dream last night too, rocks and trees and familiar person and all."
"What a coincidence," I laughed, slightly unnerved that she had dreamt the same thing as me. I could tell she looked a little bit weirded out too, so I decided to let it be and change the subject. "You ready for tomorrow's math test?" And we chatted for the rest of lunch period, like always.

That night, I dreamt again. I woke up in the shadow of a tree next to a rock, and, sure enough, there was the mysterious person again. This time, knowing full well it was just a dream, I mustered up the courage to go nearer to this person. Silently, I crept over twigs and branches, until I could vaguely make out a shape on the back of the person's hoodie. Or rather a logo of some sort... if only I could go nearer-

The abrupt sound of my alarm cut through my dream and suddenly I was back in my bed, staring and the plain white ceiling of my room. That logo, I recognised it but I couldn't quite place it. This dream was unnerving me, how could such a simple and meaningless thing be bothering me so much? I just had to find out what that meant and who the person was.