26| The Truth About Logan

Logan
THORNE

Four Years Ago

"Happy 21st birthday, Logan!" Grant shouted as he handed me another shot and clapped me on the shoulder. He brought me to this club to celebrate.

I always liked when he touched me. It was strange, but it felt...right. I threw back my shot and looked over at him. He was smiling at me; it was one of those smiles that sent a chill down the center of your back. His blonde hair was brushed back from his face, which only made his baby blue eyes even more piercing. 

There have been a few times where longing and curious looks were exchanged. There were a few times I noticed his eyes roaming over me when we were at the pool or the beach. To be honest, there were a times I was on the other end of that. I was the one staring. Wanting. But he and I never pursued it. His parents would probably disown him if they found out. As for mine, they were amazing. But I still didn't know how they would react to this.

Then there was my brother. Wyatt has always known me as a ladies man. I was the guy who dated girls like there was no tomorrow. And I did. I've always tried to deny who I really was, and it's been exhausting.

But now—Now it was different. At least it felt different where Grant was concerned. I've known him since college. We were taking the same Sociology class and ended up partnered together for a project. We got along well and started to hang out outside of class. I think that was the first time either of us really felt something for someone of the same sex.

The club music was thumping and the strobe lights were flashing everywhere. As I held his stare, he seemed to know exactly what I was feeling. I kept my eyes on him and his lips parted slightly. His hand slid from my shoulder to my neck, then it was cupping the side of my face. Everything around us seemed to fall away. The loud music of the club went to a low hum. The hundreds of people dancing turned into a blur. It was just me...and Grant. I felt my tongue instinctively wet my lips in preparation. Then it happened...

Grant placed his lips against mine and I melted. I thought it was going to be quick. Just a peck. But it was anything but that. He placed his free hand on the other side of my face as he explored my mouth with his tongue. The only sound in the loud club that I could hear was my own heartbeat pounding in my chest. Everything inside me told me this was wrong. It told me to stop. Warning bells that someone might see us were screaming in my head. But as I heard him moan a little as he deepened the kiss--I was lost to him.

My left hand went to Grant's waist as I cupped the back of his neck with my right. The kiss got even more heated, and I found myself wondering if we were going to end up at his place with our clothes off. That thought would normally terrify me, but not this time. This time-- this time I hungered for it.

I pulled away from the pleasures of his mouth to ask him if he wanted the same. Then it all got shot to hell.

"I need to go," he had said. I saw the panic that flickered across his face. I saw the fear. I recognized it from the mirror I looked in every morning. I couldn't do anything but watch as he turned and walked away from me.