~2~

"Did you see him again last night?"
"Him? How do you know it was a guy?"
"I don't," said Maria, "I'm just guessing, he looked like a guy for some reason."
And she was right, I too knew, somehow, that this mysterious person was a man. "But did you recognise the logo?" I asked, hoping she knew more than I did about this.
"Not quite, I didn't get close enough to see it properly. All I could make out was a "W" or something."
"A "W"? What on earth does all of this mean? And also why are we having the same dreams?"
"I know right? This is weird. I hope it's just a coincidence or something. Maybe we watched the same movie or read the same book and are dreaming about it now." She shrugged.
"Yeah, it's possible," I replied, but I still felt there was something bigger happening, something was wrong, and I had to find out more.

That night, when I woke up in the same clearing again, I didn't hesitate. I walked right up to the person, taking care on not making any noise, and I recognised it at last. It was an "AW" intercrossed, a logo I had known a lot when I was younger. I didn't know exactly what it meant, only that it was something important in an event that had gone down in history, a few years ago. I blinked, and it all vanished. I was near a lake, a lake so blue that it mirrored the mountains and hills on the other side. Where the hell was I? And then I saw him. He was right next to me, facing the mountains as I was, and for the first time I could see the mask that covered his face.
"There is danger coming." Those few words rang out in my brain as if someone had spoken inside my mind. I knew I had to wake up and find Maria as quickly as possible.