2

In the loud cafe, we were the only quiet table. Minseo tapped her nails on the table while Namjoon's leg nervously shook. I sat across from them, legs crossed and hands bonded over the table.

A waiter came by and dropped Minseo's iced latte on the table. She threw the restaurant straw away and pulled up a metal one from her purse, slurping obnoxiously. Namjoon groaned and threw his head back.

Namjoon: My fucking god.

Minseo: What?

Namjoon: Do you have to make all that fucking noise?

Minseo: Would you rather me stay parched?

Namjoon: Sip like a normal fucking person.

Me: This isn't what I signed up for.

Namjoon: What? You can slurp like a child but you can't speak?

Minseo: *sighing* I wasn't...completely honest with you, Nari.

Me: Excuse me?

Minseo: Namjoon and I were separated for months before he met you.

Namjoon: A year. We were seperated for a year.

Minseo: Eleven months.

Namjoon: It was a full calendar year.

Me: Shut up. Why did you two break up?

Minseo: He wanted kids and I didn't. But I got pregnant. Namjoon was happy and excited. He made a whole nursery in two days.

Namjoon: Don't be shy. Keep going.

Minseo: I had an abortion.

Namjoon: She had an abortion because it wasn't my baby. Why do you keep dropping details?

Minseo: Because this isn't any of her business.

Me: You two made it my fucking business when you popped up at my job.

Me: And here y'all go again.

Minseo: When he found out I left him.

Namjoon: The country. She left the country. She went to her sister and New Zelend and blocked me everywhere so I couldn't have contact with her as if I'm the one who did something wrong.

Minseo: You did!

Namjoon: Really? Really, what did I do?

Minseo: You were fucking suffocating and narcissistic all the time! Never at home-

Namjoon: You weren't there either! You owned your brother's resturant and 2 chain nightclubs and stood me up every time I tried to make plans.

Minseo: You didn't try hard enough!

Me: And here y'all go again.

Namjoon: She told her family to not tell me where she was. I had to file a fucking missing persons report on her to find out where she was.

Minseo: And I told the cops that popped up at my door that I didn't want to fucking see him.

Namjoon: I got the message. And I didn't reach out again.

Minseo: *mumbling* The most peaceful period in my life.

Namjoon: Until...I met you.

Minseo: Yeah. The bitch who just changed his perspective on life.

I slammed my hand down on the table and knocked the drink out of Minseo's hands. The entire shop turned and looked over at me. Minseo cursed with the coffee staining her precious pastel clothing.