.nineteen.

After three weeks of non stop traveling, y/n had finally made it to her destination. But the issue was, she didn't really know what that destination was.

The sun was extremely hot and beaming down on her back as she approached a large and old looking building. She carefully climbed up the huge mass of stairs, sweat forming on her brow. There was no one insight, not even proof that anyone had ever been there.

"Hello?" She called out.
"Does anyone live here?" She asked. Her only reply was the vast echo of her voice.

Finally at the top of the many stairs, she was in a large room. There were statues in a circle on either side of the room. The statues seemed to be dancing, the dance somehow seemed very familiar to y/n. She could form the movements from memory, but she didn't know why.

Some ways behind the statues, there were picture on the walls. Pictures of dragons and people. They seemed to tell a story.

With her soft bare feet, y/n followed along the wall, trying to understand the story.

There were dragons, and fire benders. Then there were troops, fire nation troops. The soldiers were destroying the village, but somehow they villagers escaped and hid away, all but one little girl. At the middle of the wall, there was a large family picture. A father, a mother, two dragons, and a little girl. A little girl with h/c hair and bright e/c eyes.

Y/n lifted her hand to brush it against the painting. That was her, it had to be.

"That's me. Is that why Iroh told me to come here?" She whispered to herself.

"Who are you?" Y/n's blood stilled as she heard a voice from the entrance of the cave like room. She didn't turn around, frozen in place.

"If you're here to steal Sun Warrior treasures, I will strike you down."

"I-I'm not." Y/n said softly.

"I don't believe you." The man said. Y/n put her hands high above her head, turning around with her eyes shut tight. Dropping to her knees, she looked shyly to the man. She gave him a once over.

He was the man in the painting, a little older. He had stubble, and his eyes were tired, but it was surly him. The man was wearing an armor of some sort, and holding a spear in his hands. The man's eyes widened as he took a glimps at her face.

"Y/n?" Y/n bowed her head, her eyes watering.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember you."
________________________________

"So he lied to me?"
"That's all Ozai does, lie. We were never attacked by the earth nation, he brought his soldiers to try and kill our leaders, but he couldn't find them, so he took you as a prize." Y/n's father stated as he walked y/n through the village, her mother accompanying them.

As they walked, people in the village cleared pathways and whispered excitedly.

"Why are they staring at us?" Y/n whispered to her mother. The tall slender woman's eyes were puffy from crying, their reunion being an emotional one.

"They're excited my dear, maybe even a little confused." She replied.

"Why is that?" Y/n asked as they began ascending a podium. Y/n watched as her father looked out to the crowd, clearing his throat.

"I have the greatest honor, as your cheif, to bring you extraordinary news." He began, the crowed, full of hundreds of people was silent as he talked.

"As you know, almost 15 years ago, the fire nation decimated our land and stole someone very precious from us." The were solemn looks in the crowed.

"But today, we have something very special. Yumin's and I's daughter, and your princess has returned. Please welcome y/n back, to her true home." Her father said excitedly, he put his hand on her back and gently pushed her towards the podium.

The crowed began cheering loudly, welcoming y/n home.

A small tear slipped down y/n's as the crowed cheered, she looked to her father who gave her a ginger smile, then to her mother who held a warm expression. She was finally home.