𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.

[Phoebe Tonkin as Circe]

I 028. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ guinea pigs ❞

     ARIADNE COULD BATTLE PERCY'S GLARE FOR DAYS. Maybe it was because of their weird connection that Aphrodite had bestowed upon them, or it was how her anger matched his. To say Percy was okay was the wrong thing to say— he was out for revenge. Which was never a good thing, because the last boy who wanted revenge, was a certain blond teen who was now working for Kronos.

Percy sat in the lifeboat with them as he glared at the green sea around them, ready to destroy it. He was terrifying when he was angry, especially since they were in his territory. The boy blamed himself for Tyson's death.

"He may not be dead. Fire can't kill him." She suggested, and with a look from Annabeth, they weren't the right words to say at that moment.

He looked up at her with a deadly glare, the blonde girl flinched and his behind the brunette. But he was met with Ariadne's own glare, fighting his with just as much power. Percy blames her as well, and she wasn't okay with that.

Tyson's death hit her like a ton of bricks. He had been nothing but kind towards her and his one eye was always full of life and excitement, he was a happy-go-lucky kid who wanted to enjoy life, but now he couldn't.

She only realized the light he was in the middle of their terribly dark quest. He didn't hesitate running into the fire to save them, all because Percy could get hurt in the midst of the battle. The girl wasn't the worst to him, but she wasn't the nicest either, and that made her regret everything. Because Tyson was nothing like the Cyclops which attacked Thalia that night, he knew better and he was full of kindness and warmth, but now, he was most likely lost at sea and dead.

Annabeth decided to end the glare and show Percy what she had saved from the wreck— Hermes's Flask ( they had used it all ), a bag of ambrosia which was locked inside an airtight bag, a few sailor shirts and a bottle of Dr. Pepper. She gave him his backpack which had been bitten in half by Scylla. The only thing left was a bottle of multivitamins from Hermes and Riptide, which would've never went missing anyways ( it was like her ring. Anytime he lost it, it appeared again ).

They had been at sea for hours, water lapping at the sides while they drifted along the water. Her senses had been dialed to an eleven by then, they were in the Sea of Monsters at that point, anything could happen. She only hoped nothing attacked them because they would be royally screwed.

Her nose was filled with fresh salt in the breeze which reminded her of Percy, most likely where he got it from. The boy wouldn't look at her and the butterflies in her stomach dropped dead quickly. It hurt differently then when Annabeth refused to, with him, it felt as if her organs were meting and her veins were on fire.

Apollo was definitely not helping them. Sunbeams burned their arms and faces, and there was no shade in the middle of the ocean. As they all took turns sipping tiny drops of Dr. Pepper and shielding themselves the best they could, Percy told them him his latest dream. And if he was correct, they only had twenty-four hours to find their Satyr friend before Polyphemus married him.

"Yeah," Percy muttered bitterly, his eyes looking towards Ariadne. "You can never trust a Cyclops."

"Don't give me that," she told him with a frown. "Look, I'm sorry. I was wrong about Tyson— we were wrong—" she took a glance towards Annabeth who nodded— and I wish I could tell him that. Tell him that he's nothing like his brethren and that he's better than them, and... and I would love to eat donuts with him at some point."