twenty eight

"Your sister mysteriously has disappeared along with Stefan. Got any ideas?" Damon speaks, approaching me and flinging an arm around me.

"Hmm maybe check the spare bedrooms if yaknow what I mean." I joke with a smirk as I leaned against the cool wall, watching people with fancy dresses and suits drink their expensive champagne.

I figured Elena and Stefan were planning something to get to the original witch and knowing Damon he would pull the whole protective act.

He only fake laughs before abruptly stopping with an annoyed glare.

"I'm surprised I didn't find you with an original. Every time I look over you're talking to a new one." He says, looking around the party as I only roll my eyes.

"It's called being social and likable. Things you obviously have trouble in, considering your date and brother both ditched you." I joke, sipping my champagne as Damon looks to me.

"So charming." He says with a sarcastic smile before removing his hand around me.

"Why thank you." I say with a smile.

"Stay put. I'm gonna look for tweedledum and tweedledee." He says, giving me a stern look.

"Yes sir." I say as he turns and gets lost in the crowd. When he is out of my eye sight I begin moving through the crowd myself. After Elena and Stefan left to be sneaky, apparently everyone I recognized vanished along with them.

Which was surprising, knowing Klaus, he always ran into me one way or another. (purposely or not)

I figured they were just mingling and I wasn't looking hard enough.

I started silently roaming the place, attempting to not bump into random people too often. Eventually I find my way up the long stair case out of boredom. The upstairs had been empty, telling me that it was probably off limits.

Oh well.

The house was pretty huge and there were rooms everywhere. I hoped I wouldn't walk into one preoccupied during my snooping. I walked down the hallway into a place that looked almost like a living room. I figure a open living room would be better than getting caught wandering in someones room.

The room was decorated extravagantly yet simple. There was a large couch and a fireplace. There was also a full body length mirror, and even a balcony. This place was definitely huge even for such a big family.

I found myself looking at the walls that were scattered with paintings. Some weren't complete while others were. In the corner of some N.M was scribbled in small letters.

Although some seemed rather recognizable. I eventually figured out some of them were actually expensive and well known art pieces.

I raise my hand in curiosity to touch on of the paintings that had quite a bit of texture.

"I wouldn't. The paint may be damp." A deep voice speaks behind me, making me jump and turn almost as a reflex.

I clutch my chest and let a sigh of relief escape my mouth as my eyes meet Klaus. I was kinda afraid the Finn dude would've found me and threatened to chop off a toe or something.

He seemed like a foot person.

ew.

"Jeez." I say, dropping my hand as he steps closer, looking towards the painting I was examining. It happened to be a forest. But what caught my eye was the layering of paint and texture that gave it such dimension. Not that I'm an art critic or anything.

"My apologies, didn't mean to frighten you, love." He says with a smirk.

"Where have you been?" I ask with a brow raised.