10.

Zuria
30 minutes later

"Zuria, where have you been? We've been calling you since this morning." My mother spoke as I walked into Ms. Gladys's house, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

"What's going on? I wasn't ignoring y'all purposely, I had my phone turned off." I panicked, seeing Marley on the couch sleep.

"Where's Mitch? Did him and her mom get into it or something?" I asked, just wanting more information.

"Baby, nobody knows."

"Mitch didn't say anything to me, he simply dropped this baby here earlier this morning and left with no words." My mother pointed to Mars.

"And he was angry, Z." Ms. Gladys added, making that clear.

"I know. I know. I have messages from him from earlier." I admitted, scrolling the anger filled messages.

"He didn't say what he was mad about but he said he needed me." I sighed deeply, just hoping nothing bad happened and he was okay.

"He's not even answering my calls now." I tried calling him over and over, getting nothing but the voicemail.

"Ours either." My mother spoke up as they scrolled their phones too.

I was becoming nervous as I continued to call and got no answer. This wasn't like him at all. He always answered for me.

"Do you know what could've happened?" Ms. Gladys asked, making me look up.

"I don't know." I shrugged, knitting my eyebrows.

"The last time I talked to him was this morning before he left. He put money on the bed then told me he loved me."

"And before that he told me Porsha wasn't going to allow him to see Marley today but he ended up going over there anyway to try and work it out with her."

"Hmph." They both looked at each other while I huffed, just trying not to think the worse.

"Look, I'm going to see if he's at home sleeping or something." I went onto say, shoving my phone in my pocket.

I knew no good would come out of me standing here, thinking the worse. Plus I still needed to get Marley back home to her mom. I knew she was probably worried.

"Z-"

"Let's just please think positive, okay?" I cut them off, not wanting to put any negativity in the air. I refused for my last words to him to be goodbye after he'd told me he loved me. That just wasn't happening.

My man is fine.

"Alright, Zuri. Just keep us updated. Hopefully that is where he is and this is all a misunderstanding." Ms. Gladys went onto say and I could tell by the look on her face that she was just as worried as I was but I wasn't putting anymore negativity in my brain.

My baby is fine. Was all I kept thinking.

"Do you think we should leave her be?" She went onto ask, referring to Marley, who was knocked out on the couch.

"No. I'm going to take her home. I know her mom is probably worried sick. I'll just go straight home afterwards and see if he's there.

"Okay, hun. Please be careful out there, it's midnight.." My mother trailed off and I nodded.

"Okay. I'll keep y'all updated."

*

Making my way to Porsha's with a sleeping Marley in my backseat, my mind wandered aimless. From the kiss at the club to Mitch being completely ghost, I didn't know what to do. I was just doing what I thought was right.

It didn't take me long to get to Porsha's, when I did, there were cops outside a bunch of people on the block.

"What the hell?" I knitted my eyebrows, parking as close as I could.

Cutting my engine, I got out of the car before I got Marley out as well.

"Marley, baby." I tried waking her as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"Mars." I called again as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Where's my daddy?" Was the first thing she asked as I put her down onto her feet.

"I'm not sure baby, we're going to find out." I explained to her as I closed the door and she grabbed my hand.

Making my way over to Porsha's, it seemed as if all eyes fell on us.

"Marley." Porsha yelled out as she ran over to us and snatched her out of my hand.

"Marley, my baby." She held her tight as I watched closely. I needed to know what was going on.

"Porsha, what's going on?" I asked as the cops began to make their way over to us while the random people on the block were being nosy, watching intently.

"Your man.." She trailed off, looking at me seriously.

"He came over earlier and pulled a gun on me." She said and my breath hitched in my throat.

"What?" I asked, considering that wasn't even his character. Not for no reason at least.

"Yes. First he threatened me then took Marley then he came back here and pulled a gun on me." She went on and I watched as Marley laid her head on her shoulder.

I just couldn't believe what I was hearing right now.

"Ma'am, are the two of you related?" The cops began questioning me and both Porsha and I shook our heads.

"She's my baby daddy girlfriend. She's good." She cleared me and they nodded, writing somethings down before walking off back toward the house.

"So what happened? Do you know where he is? Where did he go?" I asked all at once, just needing to know.

"Girl, he's in jail." She went onto say as I stood there in shock.

"What?"

"Yes. He pulled a gun on me so I called the cops and.." She trailed off, pulling up Marley's sleeves.

"He hit on her." She said, showing me a bunch of bruises on her arm and I almost passed out.

No. Not Mitch. Was all I could think. He wouldn't even yell at her, let alone raise a hand to her.

"I can't believe this." I couldn't help but to say out loud.

"Yup. I've told you, I had enough of that nigga. And honestly Z, I don't think Marley will be around y'all for a while." She went on as I almost cried looking at her little arms.

I watched as Marley laid her head on her shoulder, turning her head the other way. She didn't even want to look at me anymore. This baby was obviously hurting.

"Okay." I nodded, trying to get myself together. This was all too much and I needed to get myself together before I lost it.

"Okay." I said again as I wiped my hands on my dress.

"I just-"

"I don't understand why he would do something like this." I went onto say, panicking now.

"Look, Z. Don't even worry about it. He's in the 3rd district downtown, he'll be out by tomorrow." She waved me off, seeing as how I was freaking out.

"Just get your nigga under control and let him know we'll be seeing him in court." Was all she said before walking away, back over to the police officers.

Fuck.

*