37: Blóðfang

A thought crossed Kat's mind as she sparred with Thor. She made the time-out gesture and backed up. 

"What? Don't tell me you're tired already." Thor taunted.

"No, no, I just had a thought." Kat said, and looked around. Two mages happened to be passing by in one of the halls. "Patricia! Deehan!"

Patricia and Deehan looked up, momentarily ceasing their debate. Patricia, a short curly haired brunette was the first to respond. "Yes?"

"Have either of you seen my wife recently?" Kat asked.

"Wife?" The more muscular Deehan blinked, his own hair a lighter shade of brown than Patricia's.

"Well, I had a wife this morning." Kat replied. 

Deehan smiled. "Saw her on her way to the healer's wing. Didn't seem to be a problem though."

"Don't you two usually just tele?" Patricia asked.

"Wanna surprise her." Kat answered. "Thanks for the info!"

The two mages shook their heads and waved, before continuing on.

"Does the soulbond make it harder or easier to mess with Loki?" Thor asked.

Kat shrugged. "Guess I'm about to find out, huh?"

"Don't cause a ruckus in the healer's wing." Thor called out as she began to jog off.

"I would never!" Kat grinned back before disappearing from view.

The people of Asgard were still getting used to the idea that Katha was Roman. But their enthusiasm with the soulbond and the alliance made up for their wariness. Thor noticed when the looks lasted a little too long on the golden wreath upon Katha's brow. He wouldn't pretend that it didn't make him slightly uneasy, but logically he knew the wariness would fade, and would turn to trust. After all, the celebrations were due to begin tomorrow. It was too early to be worried.

When Kat approached the healer's wing, she tried out a new technique with her power. Using her domain and invisibility felt a little overkill for stealth, but against Loki it would be necessary. As would another trick she'd been practicing: Hiding her magical aura. It took great concentration and effort, and only skilled magicians could do it.

Kat was lucky Frigga had been teaching her so thoroughly. Of course, Kat was grateful that her mother-in-law took the time to do so. But it also had Kat wondering what the Allmother was giving up to take the time to teach her. And part of her wondered why. He couldn't just be because she was soulbonded to Loki. Frigga had been teaching her since she arrived.

Anyway, spatial manipulation was very interesting. For other magicians, it was incredibly difficult, and often had disastrous consequences if done recklessly. For Kat, it was ridiculously easy once she got the hang of it. After all, it was basically her domain. As soon as she found the link that connected what she wanted to do to 'between', her power answered the call.

So Katha crept into the healer's wing, distorting the space around her and hiding her aura, to make her power and presence practically invisible. She put a physical invisibility spell into place just to be sure. It was definitely a lot of magic, and she would be taking a good long rest later before doing any more magic. Because it was exhausting.

It was worth it, however, to sneak up behind Loki. She had to manipulate the space below her so that she would be tall enough to set her chin on Loki's shoulder, and wrapped her arms around Loki's waist.

"Boo." Kat said, letting go of her invisibility and hidden aura, and only using the spatial manipulation to continue floating.

Loki jumped impressively, before recognizing her wife. "By the- How did you manage that?"