Chapter 26:

Morgan

I woke up on the couch squeezed next to Nee. I groaned sitting up. Tears built up in my eyes as I thought back to the news that I received.

I wanted it all to be a bad dream, but it was all real.

I am about to have a baby to somebody I don't want to, somebody who already has a baby, somebody who already has a babymama.

I never wanted to be just a babymama.

I didn't realize I was crying once again and loud at that until I realized I woke Nee and she was now trying to calm me down.

"Morgan calm yo ass down before you have a panic attack." Nee snapped. I nodded trying to calm myself down.

"I never thought I would be pregnant. At least not to someone other than Kahron. I haven't even spoken to Eric since that drunkin night. After he let his babymama dictate his life I want no parts with him, damn sure not for the rest of my life. I know babies are a blessing so I would never regret my lil baby, but-"

"There is no but Morg. Babies are a blessing, simply that. Planned or not." She said looking past me like she was thinking.

"What?" I ask wiping my face sitting up straight. "What's that look in your eyes?"

"Okay, I'ma tell you something I never told you about before, but you can't get mad at me." She said making me worried for what she was gonna say.

I nodded signaling for her to continue.

"I had a miscarriage five years ago and before you ask, I didn't tell you because it was when all the shit was going down with Mogul and Q. You had enough going on at the time then to be worried about me too. I even started not to tell Q at the time, but I did and he showed up to the hospital that night after he got released."

"You didn't have to keep something like that from me. No matter what I'm going through I'm always here when you need me."

"And I'm always here when you need me, just like now." She said smiling sadly linking our arms.

"How can you be so happy about me being pregnant when you lost a baby before? Is that why yall always ignored me when I told yall to have a baby? Do yall even want kids?"

"I'ma always be happy for my sister. Like I said boo it's blessing. And yeah, after that time we never talked about kids again and I got on birth control. Kids might be in our future, so who knows." She shrugged.

"You're strong boo. Only if I could be."

"You are too, you just haven't realized it yet."

Few weeks later...

I sat in the courtroom with Q, Nee, and Shawn. Mogul's lawyer sitting in front of us. Today was the day we found if he would be out of here for good or not. To say I was nervous was an understatement. And the fact that I felt sick as fuck didn't help anything.

"Here girl." Nee said handing me crackers and a ginger ale.

"I can't eat, I already feel sick. My nerves are shot."

"This will help Morg." I nodded taking it and begin eating it.

I stood up as Tina did and she signaled for me to follow her. We went to this back room where Mogul was. They let my boy get dressed up and everything, he was looking nice minus the fact that he had a nappy fro and a face full of hair.

"They can't take these damn handcuffs off me?" He asks pulling at them.

"You know they can't." Tina answered.