GJ fic: Heartbreak and Baseball💔⚾️

Author's Note: This was requested by dancermarissa06 I thought the song was appropriate. Happy reading! I hope you like it.

Gina's POV:

It was prom season and all of my theater friends had dates except for me. Even my friends on the East High dance team had dates and I didn't have one. I was waiting for my long-distance boyfriend, Adam to text me his reply from when I asked him to come visit me for prom night.

"Got a response from your guy, Gina?" Nini asked from the East High lunch table.

"Nope." I said popping P and frowning.

"I'm sure, he's planning the perfect surprise and he'll be here any day to ask you."  Kourtney said side hugging me.

"Long-distance relationships are hard to keep up. You are so strong Gina. I'm sure he'll text you any minute with his reply." Ashlyn said to me.

"I sent him the invitation with the prom tickets and the text a week ago, he hasn't replied yet. He's all the way in Dallas. It's more than a full day drive down here. He has a car." I said twisting my hair and biting my nails.

"We're sending you positive vibes Gina." Natalie said while holding her emotional support hamster box.

"Thanks for being such good friends guys. You're the best." I said leaning on Nini's shoulder.

I looked down at my phone when it buzzed with an Instagram notification. One new post from Adam. I opened the app and went to his profile. I couldn't believe what I saw. Nini and Kourt saw it too. They were sitting beside me. As soon as I saw the picture and the caption, I ran to the bathroom crying.

(This is Gina's now ex-boyfriend and his prom date from his Instagram post.)

Nini's POV:

Nini's POV:

"Poor Gina, I feel so bad for her. That jerk had the audacity to post a picture of himself with another girl at his prom and didn't even give her an explanation. I'd be heartbroken if Big Red did that to me." Ashlyn said to me.

"I know. I feel so bad for her. She's already gone through so much, with her mom being out of state and all. I'm going to go check on her." I said getting up and putting my lunch tray away.

I walked to the nearest girl's bathroom and immediately heard Gina crying in the only closed stall. I knocked on the door gently and then whispered some words to her.

"Hey, I'm so sorry he did that to you. I'm here for you. Whatever you need. I can tell Ricky that I need some girl time at Prom too. Sleepover at my house and movie night?" I said after knocking.

"I just want to be alone. You don't have to ditch your date for me." Gina said opening the stall door and wiping her tears.

I hugged her tightly and then helped her fix her makeup by the sink. She wasn't talking and I didn't blame her, she was hurt and embarrassed because she fell for the wrong guy.