21. By her side.

As an author, we didn't want much from you guys just a little support in the form of votes and comments. Your support always made a writer update fast. I'm trying hard for always give regular updates on time, for that you just need to show your support.

Voting is not that hard, is it my silent friends?? C'mon, let's chit chat a little.

.....

.."Why can't I sleep?"

Abhimaan groaned in frustration. He was just lying there for the last 2 hours trying to fall asleep but it seemed today, he was not getting any!

Whenever he tried to close his eyes, a pair of frightened eyes flashed before him.

Her beautiful eyes!!

They should always shine.

Her trembling lips!!

They deserved to wear a smile.

"Goodness!!"

"Have I become so jobless? Why the hell am I just thinking about her?"

"Maybe I should check her once and then I might get some sleep." He told himself and got up.

Maybe it was his restless heart that didn't let him sleep.

He strode out and was standing at her door. At first, he thought to knock, then dropped the idea thinking her sleep will be disturbed.

At least, let her sleep. He mentally rolled his eyes at his stupidity. But he wanted to check on her once. So, he silently opened the door which - thankfully - was not locked.

He looked around the whole room that was wrapped in darkness. He saw her sleeping on the bed, comfortably.

He sighed.

He didn't go close to her as he didn't want to disturb her. Also, he didn't want to look like a creep again!

"I already have an issue to apologize for."

He turned but stopped on his track hearing something. A low murmur followed by whimpers of cries.

At first, he frowned but it didn't take a lot of time for him to understand what the noises were about. He walked fast towards her and saw her clutching the sheet tightly to her chest. Her whole face was covered with beads of sweat and she was trying to say something.

"Please... Don't... NOO..." She was mumbling with her eyes tightly shut.

her tear-stricken face appeared to be so restless.

"Samaira... What happened? There is no one. You are safe." He patted her cheeks but she didn't hear him. She was having nightmares. She was shivering out of fear.

"God!!"

"That bastard!"

He clenched his fists knowing who she was pleading to. His heart ached, watching her like this. He cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears.

"Mumma... Ss... Sorry..." She sobbed.

Why was she saying sorry?