chapter twenty-five

warning, this chapter will contain sexual content part-way through.

 "Are you sure about this?" Peter asked Rowyn as the sound of waves crashing against rocks sounded beside them. Rowyn tightened her hold on the small dagger and nodded.

"Are you?" She asked him. Peter didn't respond. He leaned forward and gently kissed her mouth, silently speaking his answer.

Rowyn smiled softly at the King and pressed the blade against her palm and then her other and then over her heart, creating a thin line of blood in the blade's wake. She looked up to see Peter having done the same. After blue met violet, the pair rested one of their palms together while the other rested over the others heart—their blood mixing in each area.

Aslan smiled at the pair as he came to stand as a witness to the blood ritual they were about to complete. "Just close your eyes and think of each other while pressing your foreheads together. I'll handle the rest."

The couple nodded in response and obeyed the lion's orders. Despite the height difference between the two, Peter kept his forehead pressed firmly to hers and held her hand and chest with love as Aslan began to speak in the Old Language of Narnia, reciting the words of the blood oath—of the promise they were making to each other—of the marriage they were creating—of the connection their hearts would forever hold for each other, even after death.

Rowyn forced herself to keep her eyes shut as a bright silver light formed between them and began to glow until it was blinding.

The light pulsed between them as their hearts began to beat as one, as their breathing fell into unison, as their souls became one thing, and then the light burst and spread throughout the entire land almost like a protective shield before it faded a moment later.

"It is done." Aslan told them and the pair moved back enough to see each other. "You are now one . . . you are now High Queen Rowyn and High King Peter." Rowyn smiled at her now husband.

"Two High Royalties, huh?" Rowyn smirked at Aslan. "I'd like to see someone else try and mess with Narnia now." They all shared a chuckle and then Aslan shifted his gaze between the couple.

"Where do you wish for the mark of the oath to be placed?" He questioned as Rowyn and Peter kept their gazes on each other.

"Over my scars—on our backs." Rowyn said, finally tearing her gaze away from the blond-haired High King. Aslan looked at her, smiling softly, and then blew his breath over both of them—setting the tattoos in place. "Thank you, Aslan." She smiled gently at the lion just before he bid his farewells and vanished with a soft golden glow.

"I love you." Peter smiled widely at his wife and then pulled her hips to his and smashed his mouth against hers. Rowyn stifled a laugh as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he lifted her off her feet. Peter's soft, warm mouth moved against hers with so much love that she was certain her heart would explode.

"How mad is Susan going to be when she finds out we did this without her?" Rowyn questioned when Peter reluctantly pulled his mouth away from hers while still holding her up.

Peter chuckled softly while his lips brushed hers. "She knows what we did—I mean I had to tell her so she won't think we've been murdered while we're gone on our honeymoon." Rowyn's eyes widened when he placed her down on her feet again.

"Honeymoon?" She questioned with one of her eyebrows cocked. Peter nodded happily and grabbed her now healed hand and pressed a kiss to the back of it. "Where are we going?"

Peter smiled but didn't say anything as he allowed Rowyn to hop onto his back and wrap her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck. "It's a surprise." He told her as he began to walk down to the beach they had done the oath next to.