chapter twenty-seven

Rowyn smiled from her throne as she watched her people dance happily throughout the hall to celebrate her marriage to Peter. The couple had arrived back from their honeymoon after staying for a few extra weeks when they realized they couldn't keep themselves from bedding each other every time one of them so much as looked at the other a certain way.

But Rowyn was glad to be back. To see her family again, although she hated when Lucy asked many questioned about how the honeymoon was--not realizing what occurred during it like Edmund and Susan did. None the less, Rowyn was happy to sit upon her throne beside Peter.

"You look happy." Peter smiled at his wife as he observed her soft, gentle features.

Rowyn turned to him and smiled wider. "What's not to be happy about? All my life I've dreamed of getting married and finding the other half of my soul . . . I just never expected it to be like this." Her love for Peter was something that even she didn't fully understand. Peter was apart of her. He held a piece of her vulnerability that she would never--could never--allow anyone else to hold. He was her equal in every way. They would fight beside each other and always lift the other one up. Their arguments whilst ruling would be no more. They would work together from here on out as partners.

Because he was hers and she was his. Completely. To whatever end.

"Is that a good thing?" Peter questioned and Rowyn capture her bottom lip with her teeth and nodded.

"It's better than I could've ever imagined." Peter couldn't stop the smile that took control of his features at her words.

Peter stood up, his deep red tunic straightening out as he did so, and held his hand out to her. "Dance with me?"

Rowyn shook her head with a smile. "I will step on your toes, Pete."

His shoulder shook gently with amusement. "I don't care . . . dance with me, Fireheart." Rowyn squeezed her lip once more with her teeth and accepted his hand, resting her palm above the back of his hand.

Their people smiled at the couple with awe as they took to the middle of the room and joined them. The symphony softened their music down to a soft Narnia lullaby when they noticed the newly weds coming to dance.

Once they found their place in the middle of the room, Peter turned to his wife and held her waist while his other hand held her hand. Rowyn smiled and rested her other hand on his shoulder before they began to move to the music.

Normally, Rowyn would've felt every eye that stared at her in that room, but with Peter, all she felt was him. She didn't even noticed Lucy and Susan's happy smiles as they swayed to the music as well. Violet remained stuck to bright blue as they swayed as well. Their people watched the pair for a few more moments, admiring the love that rested between their High King and High Queen, before they found their own partners and celebrated their own love for each other.

Rowyn's heart danced to it's own beat--the beat that worked only for Peter--as she leaned forward and rested her head against his chest. Peter smiled at her, his own heart followed in suit to hers, and pressed a kiss to her forehead then moved her hand to rest palm down over his heart while he gently stroked the back of it.

"Always, Fireheart . . . I will always be yours . . . I will always breath for you and only you . . . nothing will ever change that." He said softly so only she would hear as he held her waist tighter, pulling her closer.

Rowyn smiled into his chest and closed her eyes. "I claim you, Peter Pevensie . . . always and forever. To whatever end and beyond." She pressed a kiss to his clothed chest.

"And I claim you, Rowyn Archeron Pevensie Galathynius." Rowyn laughed quietly into his chest and pulled away enough to see his amused smile.

"That is a ridiculously long name." She smiled as her shoulders shook with amusement.

Peter smiled and brought the back of her hand up to his mouth, pressing a gentle kiss, and then put it back in the same place it was before. "I like it."

Rowyn cocked an eyebrow. "You could just call me Rowyn Pevensie, you know?"

Peter shook his head with a smile. "But you're also an Archeron and a Galathynius--you've got to honor your life before and your mother and your new life.

Rowyn smiled at the distance memory of her life before. She smiled at memory of her fathers. "I always dreamt of a love like my fathers . . . undying, pure love . . . I finally found it."

"You found it and then some." Rowyn bit her lip to stifle another laugh. Instead, she placed her hand on his cheek and pulled his head down to hers. Their lips fit together almost like they were molded to be together. Like they were two halves that were only ever whole when they were together and would forever crave the other when they were apart.

Given where they were, the couple pulled away after a moment. "There's never going to be anyone for me but you, Rowyn." Peter's tone was entirely serious and Rowyn felt the air leave her chest.

"And there will never be anyone else for me but you, Peter . . . I don't want anyone other than you." She told him and he pressed another kiss to her forehead and she rested her head back on his chest.

And Rowyn knew that as long as she was with Peter she would be safe. That she would be whole. That no pain could break her. That no chains could hold her back.

He ignited her.

And she would burn forever for him.