Chp. 41

-

RILEY’S POV-

I had to stay in the hospital, my dad was on his way back, he would be home tomorrow. I had been in the hospital for a day and a half since the accident. Bren was arrested for attempted murder, Jenson accepted the truth, and went along with the crazy fact that I was her Guardian.

Her permanent Guardian.

I smiled at that thought. Not only would I be able to be with Jenson forever but… I would keep all my cool powers to.

Jenson knocked, letting herself in, I groaned, “Baby, you don’t have to knock… you know this.”

She walked up to me, holding a booksack with clothes, and reaching inside of it. “There’s something that came from your dad, it was in your mailbox, it was probably sent a little while ago and it took awhile to get to your house…”

She handed me the unopened letter and I unsealed it, pulling the sheet of paper out, and beginning to read.

Dear my beautiful girl Riley,

You’ll be graduating soon, and I know this may seem like a surprise but… I will be in to see it! I’m coming home earlier then you expected me, I should be back by the end of May… so don’t do anything stupid!

I miss you so much, you’re the only thing that drives me to continue, just so I can come home to you. You’re all I have left, and you’re everything, I love you so much it hurts when I look at your picture in my wallet, because I barely got to see you go through high school.

I know life’s been hard without mom around, trust me, I feel the pain you feel, but I hope you know she loved you so much. Even more then she loved me I think… haha, but Riley, you’re our baby girl. You were the perfect child, quiet, nice, sweet, and never gave us any trouble at all… we were blessed.

I’m sorry I missed your 18th birthday, I regret not seeing you grow up every single day, and I can’t make up for that time.

You’ll be going off to college, and I’m so proud to tell people you’re my daughter, and it’s the truth.

You’re a remarkable daughter, and a person, inside and out. I couldn’t ask for better. I’ll see you soon, behave till I get back!

Love,

-Dad

~O~

I hadn’t even noticed I had been crying, Jenson was holding me, God he must be going through some shit. He most likely had a heart attack when he got the news, he was going to kill me.

And all of a sudden I was scared for him to get home.

Jenson looked at me, I could feel her sadness, watching me cry was hurting her. I looked at her, “Don’t be sad please? It’s ok… I just know it was stupid… my dad’s gonna kill me…”

Jenson leaned in, kissing me softly on the lips, the electricity between us was amazing. She had asked me to tell me everything I had saved her from, and I laid it on her, every singel thing was hard to remember, but I remember the traumatic ones.

She was in awe.

She knew about me, all of me, the emotions I felt with her, the powers, everything. She knew about everything I was capable of, and she felt completely safe and at ease.

She had an open mind.

Jenson spoke, “So I was thinking…”

I looked up at her, those icy blues eyes interlocked with mine, “What?”

She smiled, “That after graduation we should live together, since your dad goes off on deployment.”

I tilted my head, “You want to live with me?”

She nodded, “It would be easier, considering…”

I smiled, Considering I wanted to protect you… “Sure, that would be amazing, but you might get sick of me eventually.”

She rolled her eyes, kissing me, “Baby, I’ll never get sick of you…”

My heart dropped in my stomach, she was entirely to adorable. I held her face in my hands, pulling her closer to me, I whispered, “I love you…”

She smiled sweetly, “I love you to Riley… so much… and I’m sorry I treated you the way I treated you…”

I shrugged, “You couldn’t accept the fact…I can’t blame you for that…”

“Graduations Tuesday…”

I glanced at the calendar, Wow… “Came quick… really quick…”

She nodded, “But it’s not the end of us… college is our next step.”

I smiled, holding her hand to my heart, “Yea I know…”

***

I had finally gotten out of the hospital, dad had came home and was shocked to see me, he hadn’t seen me in months. I cried of course, holding onto him like I was going to lose him completely if I let him go… I had missed him so damn much.

Graduation was tomorrow at noon, but me and Jenson were attending our last day at Highschool.

It felt so weird, not having Jake, looking back and thinking about everything I had been through. Guardian Angels existed everywhere, and it was weird to think about, because we knew about none of them.

I could be sitting next to one right now.

Jenson was holding my hand as we walked down the hall, there was paper everywhere, you couldn’t even see the ground.

I smiled, “So what do you want to do?”

She shrugged, looking up at me and winking, “I wanna go back to your place.”

I felt my heart race, and soon enough we were climbing in her car and speeding off to my house.