Chapter 50

His POV

I am lost. She hasn't been coming to class for a week, her phone is turned off, her brother told me not to go near her for the time being.

"Let her breathe for now." He said as he pat me on the back.

It's been a week and the vacant seat beside me made me miss her presence even more. I know it's my fault  and it frustrates me that I don't know what to do, all I wanted was to be by her side but even that's impossible at this point.

I was startled when I saw a pair of familiar shoes near the door, my eyes slowly followed her body, from her shoes until I reached her face which I haven't seen for a long time. My heart almost leaped our of my chest, my grip on my book got tighter.

She's here.

I called her name but I didn't get to finish when she passed by me and walked to another seat. I closed my book and looked at her back, waiting for her to turn aroung. She talked to a girl and after hesitating the girl moved out of her chair and the once vacant seat that was for her, was occupied by another.

I knew I couldn't endure watching her talking to that guy, when she looked at his eyes for a couple of moments and that's when I turned around.

I miss her voice so much that even when she's talking to him, I smiled unconsciously.

It was later that day when the girl besides me asked if she can move to her friends seat, Irene let her and so Irene is now sitting next to me. I don't care about her beside me, as long as she keeps quiet so I can hear Sejeong's laughter at the back, that's fine.

I wish I could stay in this room for a long time to be in the same space as her but we had to finalize everything for the event and we have this assignment for our class, before leaving the room I turned to her and she's still sitting next to him.

I brought the pain in my chest until we reached the library.

There's a lot of students still inside.

"My justice to bring fourth..." she squinted her eyes when I handed her my tablet to read the assignment.  We must know the reference used for the poem, in my memory Irene loves literature, she would talk endlessly about the different artistic merits.

She should get our assignment done while I finalize our papers for the event, time is moving.

"You don't know?" My eyebrows furrowed when I noticed her confusion. She looked at me and shook her head, admitting she really doesn't.

"I'll just search on it." She took out her phone and went back and forth from my tablet and her phone, typing the words to look for the possible answer.

Is this a different reality? I've been observing her for months but her actions, the way she talks it really doesn't add up to the one in my memories.

The next day I saw Sejeong with a juicebox in her hands, I followed her with my eyes again until she placed the juicebox on his table, they talked and she looks so happy.

I couldn't help myself as my feet started making way to her, I stood behind her as they were talking. I asked her if we could talk and she said yes. I didn't know how to speak to her and what I should say first, after debating in my mind, I said I missed her. However it went downhill until she shot me a glare.

"You fell for her." She said  in a matter of fact. " So did you promise her forever yet?" My chest tightened as my eyebrows furrowed.

"I never fell out of love. I have never loved anyone as much as I love you, seeing you in pain hurts me-."