.twenty-two.

"Now breath in." Y/n said calmly, eyeing the Avatar and the prince, while Toph, Katara, Sokka, and the other children observed her teaching. She looked flatly as they inhaled, still in their holding poses.

"Again."

"Do it again."

"Again."

"Aga-"

"Okay, is this a thing between all fire bending teachers? Making me breath instead of working with fire?" Aang asked frustratedly.

"Breathing is all we're doing because you're both breathing wrong." Y/n said slowly.

"How do you breathe wrong? Theres only one way to breathe." Y/n and Zuko joined in on the last part of Aang's statement.

"Zuko said the same thing when we were children" Y/n sighed.

"Aang, what does fire mean to you?" Y/n asked.

"Destruction and power." he stated.

"Dont let the way its been used cloud your judgement." She scoffed. "what happens when you put a lid on a lit candle?" She asked.

"The fire goes out." Zuko repsponed.

"Why?" Y/n asked.

"Because the flame needed air?" Aang asked.

"Precisly. Fire needs air, fire takes breaths just like you and I. Fire is not destruction, it is life." Y/n stated, creating a flame in her hand and watching it dance around her fingers.

"Fire needs air, so making fire requires breath support. Proper breath support comes from the muscles in your stomach. That's a lesson I taught you long ago." She said, tossing a glance at Zuko and making him blush. Y/n stood up straight, walking behind Aang as she did with Zuko as a child. She placed her hand on his stomach and used her other hand to hold his chin forward.

"Breathe in, and let your stomach fill up with as much air as you can." Aang overexagertaedly inhaled.

"Now out, and let your stomach contract all the way in." And he did.

"Now when I tell you to breathe, that's what I mean." She stated, resuming her original spot infront of them.

"Now. Assmue your stance, breathe in, and as you inhale, let go." When y/n exhaled, a small flame formed in her palm.

She watched as Zuko did it perfectly, but Aang struggled. His eyebrowed were fitted together as he stared at his hand in concentration, but nothing happened.

"I cant do it." He sighed, causing the group of kids behind y/n to sigh in frustration.

"Aang." Y/n said, squatting down to his level.

"You've got to get out of your own head. You can do anything you want, my guy. You're literally the Avatar." She deapaned. Aang looked to her and gave her a curt nod. Y/n stood up and dusted off her kimono.

"Besides, I'll roast you alive if you ever say you 'cant do something' while I'm training you." She said seriously, making him gulp.

"Now try it again, and breathe, all the way in, all the way out." Aang took a deep breath and tried it again, and finally a small flame flickered in his hand.

"There you go!" Y/n cheered. "now the real work can begin." Y/n smirked.