Chapter Thirty Four: Congratulations

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Billy's Pov ˎ'-

╭ ╮
The Apartment
Monday , 5:00 p.m
╰ ╯

────────────────────────────

"Thank you." Margo said in a sweet voice as I leaned over to hand her mozzarella sticks.

I nervously looked at her as she happily ate. Less than twenty minutes ago she was in an extremely bad mood and now here she was smiling at me contently.

Maybe she just had a whirlwind of emotions today. I mean seeing me and my mom interact must have been hard on her too.

I cringed thinking about her and how bad it hurt. Especially the new child that seemingly replaced me.

"I love you." She said with a smile as she happily swung her feet since they couldn't reach the floor from the chair she was sitting on.

"And I love you." I replied without hesitation. Leaning forward I touched her forehead and it felt unusually warm.

"You feel sick sunshine?"

"No." She said like I was stupid.

"You just puked." I pointed out.

"I feel fine." Margo said shrugging before shoving another mozzarella stick in her mouth.

I just nodded and watched her contently eat.

"How do you feel?" She asked me before hopping down to put her plate in the sink and wash her hands.

"Fine." I replied with a shrug. No I'm not.

She flicked water at me playfully before wrapping her small arms around me in a hug.

"I'm sorry you're hurting Billy." Margo said as she squeezed my midsection.

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

I whipped my arm out to feel for Billy's body that should be laying on the other side of the bed. Upon feeling nothing I mentally rolled my eyes and got up to see where he had gone. The house was unnaturally silent as I walked down the hall towards the kitchen.

It was like he had disappeared. No note, no roadside flower, and his keys weren't in their usual spot. In fact I couldn't find them at all.

He must have just left for something and will be back soon.

Before the anxiety could really begin to eat at me there was a loud pounding knock at the door. I happily skipped towards it expecting to see Billy on the other side.

But Billy would have a key to get in?

I stood there unsurely before finally deciding to just open it despite the bad feeling that was crawling all over my body.

Upon opening the door I was face to face with Billy's mother. She nervously wrung her hands and gave me a small smile.

"How did you find out where we live?" I bluntly asked her.

The smile slipped off her face and she nervously chewed on her lip just like Billy does when he feels awkward.

"A family friend owns the complex." She finally whispered to me.

I wanted to slam the door in her face but I refrained.

"Is there something you need?" I questioned while leaning against the halfway open door.

"Is uh- is William home?"

"He's not."

"Oh." She replied quietly.

Sighing I opened the door fully and gestured for her to come in.

A large smile made it's way to her face as she stepped in. I locked the door behind her and watched as she stared the inside of the apartment down.

"He still has his favorite surfboard." She said smiling at the red board that was tucked in the corner of the living room.

"Yeah he always had it in his room."

"I bought him that for his eighth birthday with all of the tips I had saved up for months." She told me quietly as she ran her hand along the side of it.

"I'm sure he appreciated that beyond words Ms..." I trailed off not knowing her full name.

"You can call me Michelle." She responded while still looking around.

"Michelle." I finished. I sat on the coach as I watched her eyes roam over every aspect of our apartment.

"Sorry." She mumbled with a sheepish grin. "I just want to soak up and see everything he's accomplished without me around."

"He really loves you." I told her.

She sighed in response before making her way over to the couch. She sat on the cushion right beside mine before telling me "I don't think he can or should forgive me regardless of the love he may or may not have for me.".

I simply shrugged at her. "He wants you around but he's not great with emotions."

She cracked another small grin "Yeah he never has been.".

Michelle looked around once more before scooting closer to me. "So what is he like now?"

I struggled to find words that didn't include insanely overprotective and emotional.

"Very caring and a real gentleman." Is what I settled with saying instead.

"Oh." She said smiling and nodding happily. "Congratulations by the way. You two will make lovely parents."

"Wha-" I started to question with my eyebrows raised as the sound of keys unlocking the door interrupted my sentence.

"Sunshine? Are you awake? I got some aspirin and some more mozzarella stick ingredients and I didn't really know what kind of sauce you wanted so I got traditional marinara but if-" He said before finally turning around and making eye contact with us both.

A/N- the moms can always tell before anyone else when it comes to being preggo istg 💅 this chapter shouldn't have taken me so damn long to write but here I am.

AND IM CACKLING I STARTED THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THE NEW BOOK IVE BEEN THINKING AB WRITING FOR A WHILE AND I ALREADY ADDED A GOOD SHOCK FACTOR AIMED AT A SPECIFIC PERSON. THEY R GONNA SCREAM WHEN THEY SEE IT 😌😌