14

"Fiancé?!" 

My smile turned into an awkward one when Nicole suddenly looked like she was going to faint out of shock. I consciously looked at Clyden to see his reaction, but he was just looking at me with parted lips, gulat din sa sinabi ko. 

"It's a long story," I tried to explain to Nicole. She held her chest and slowly inhaled a large amount of air to calm herself. 

"Oh my gosh, why didn't you say anything? Does Raylee know?" Nicole whispered like she was scared someone would hear us. 

"Ang daming tanong," Clyden whispered, looking away and sipping on his shake again. I gave him a glare to shut him up. 

"Not yet. I'll tell her soon, so just keep this a secret for now." I gave her a smile, and she nodded with determination, like keeping a secret of mine was thrilling for her. "Anyway, we need to go na." 

"Yeah, sure! Uh, enjoy your date!" Nicole waved before walking away, still unable to process what had happened. 

Lumingon ako kay Clyden nang makaalis si Nicole kaya tinignan niya rin ako pabalik, raising a brow. Tumigil siya sa pag-inom ng shake niya para makipagtitigan sa 'kin, naghihintay ng sasabihin ko. 

"Are you okay with me telling her that we're engaged?" I asked for his permission. Baka ayaw niya pala tapos magalit siya dahil sinabi ko. 

"Mas gusto ko nga 'yon," seryosong sagot niya. 

"Okay. Saan na tayo pupunta? Are we going home na or gusto mong sumama sa 'kin? Dadaan ako sa house to speak to Naomi about her birthday celebration," I told him about my plan. 

"Oo, sasama ako sa 'yo. May bibilhin lang ako para kina Hail bago tayo umalis," sabi naman niya bago naglakad ulit. Hindi pa rin niya binibitawan ang kamay ko. 

We walked inside a small pet shop selling some pet accessories, clothes, and food. I just followed him around like a lost girl. Napatigil ako sa paglalakad nang makita through the glass wall 'yong grooming section. I unconsciously smiled while watching the cute puppy getting trimmed. 

"Okay na, Sam," Clyden talked so he could get my attention back. Napatingin ulit ako sa kanya at nakitang sinusundan niya ang tingin ko. He also let out a small smile when he saw the cute puppy. "Ang liit niya." 

"Yeah. Your dogs are all huge. Kapag lumaki na si Hail at Maple, hindi na sila mabubuhat," I talked like I was pertaining to my children. 

"Our dogs," he corrected before walking away to pay for the items. 

My face heated when I realized that he was starting to include me in his life. Sobrang mahalaga sa kanya ang mga aso niya, so the fact that he was willing to share a big part of his life with me was already meaningful to me. He was starting to be open, and I was also starting to let him into my life, not just because we were forced to live together but because he already became a part of me.