Chapter 12 (EDITED)

Third Person's Point of View

Baekhyun was looking intently at his sister who's looking outside the window. Chanyeol wrapped his arm around his lover's waist and pulled him closer to kiss the top of his head.

"Father would never risk your life just for the sake of you being a great king but is Sooman that shallow?!" Taeyeon said as she put her hands on her waist, she then looked at the couple in front of her, "And you were attacked yesterday?! And he almost got you?!" Baekhyun hung his head low, "I will do everything I could to protect your brother, Your Highness." Chanyeol said and held Baekhyun's hands.

Taeyeon looked at the couple's hands then looked around to look at his other brothers, "Taeyeon, is Papa and Father all right?" Chen asked as he held Minseok's hand to stop him from whatever he's doing. Taeyeon nodded, she turned towards Baekhyun who's still hanging his head low, trying to avoid his older sister's eyes.

She knows that her little brother's scared now, not to her but to the possibility that Sooman might capture him and kill him. Taeyeon suddenly called Chanyeol after a few minutes of silence.

"Do everything you can to protect my brother, do everything to conceal us here and do everything you can to protect this mansion," she said with authority, the others paid attention to what Lady Taeyeon is saying.

"You are the dark demon, after all." She inhaled a lungful of air and looked at Chanyeol straight into its piercing red eyes, "You're powerful than that jerk." She looked away and looked at her brother, "You're in good hands Baek, I know that." Baekhyun looked at his sister, tears pooled in his eyes.

"I'm scared, Noona. I'm scared for us, for our parents." Chanyeol held Baekhyun tightly, "Do not worry, the most powerful sorcerer in this town is with Papa and Father, they'll be okay and you are well protected here, Baek. Don't worry."

Minseok gestured Lady Taeyeon to her room after the talk, Chen followed. The others went to their respective rooms to rest, Baekhyun stared at his reflection on the window, the sun is shining outside and the birds are chirping happily on the nearby tree.

Chanyeol went towards him and caressed Baekhyun's shoulders, "A penny for your thoughts baby?" Baekhyun sighed, "When is this going to end?" Chanyeol wrapped his arms around his mate and inhales his scent, the smell of strawberries and vanilla, hit his nose, Baekhyun always smells like strawberries and vanilla and it makes Chanyeol dizzy.

"Soon, baby." He whispered on Baekhyun's ear, "Soon."

Byun Baekhyun's Point of View

I was sitting on one of the chairs in the library when Kyungsoo-hyung went inside, he was holding another cook book, his big eyes looked at me questioningly.

"I'm bored, I just need a place to find some fun." I said as I continued reading, Kyungsoo-hyung slowly closed the door behind him, "You despise reading," He said while putting the book on the nearest table, I sighed.

It's been weeks since the attack, it's quiet. There are no signs of Sooman's men, even Sooman. Chanyeol can't feel his presence anymore.