Chapter 9. "The New Generation?"

~Generation~

The production or creation of something.

~No one's P.O.V~

The sun had set. What used to be a burning hot day turned into a cold night. But it didn't keep him from taking off to meet his loved one.

And as he arrived, the she was. Sitting under one of the large trees, sitting on the grass with her arms behind her to hold her up, looking up at the stars.

"Y/n," He spoke out under his breath, but it caught said girl's attention, making her turn her head to him.

Her (e/c) orbs shone brightly when they met his dark ones, she patted the spot beside her. Within a second, he sat beside her, removing his sword from his side and placing it beside him.

Time went on, and neither spoke a word, causing him to look at Y/n, "You are being awfully quiet today. Something's wrong." His words came out more like a statement, an observation that now was clear to him.

"It's nothing."

"That is clearly incorrect, Darling." His words came out as confident, too confident in Y/n's opinion.

The young man was shocked when he suddenly was pinned to the ground. The light weight of Y/n wouldn't normally be enough to keep him down, but when she pressed down on his wrists, he didn't have a chance to get her off.

"What are you doing out here anyway?" Y/n questioned the male, "No one is allowed out here at this time, besides your brother would kill you if he knew you where here."

"But you wouldn't let him do that, would you, Darling?" The male smirked, his eyes dark as he studied the girl above him.

"Of course I wouldn't." She replied, a smile displayed on her lips as the topic changed. She moved to get off, but found that she couldn't.

A mischievous grin on the male's lips made her narrow her eyes. His hands had moved the moment they were released. He had a tight hold around her hips, making sure she didn't move away from him.

"Good. That means I don't have to worry about him when I do this." He smirked slyly as he leaned in closer, his pink lips got so close to hers before he closed his eyes.

Instead of her lips, his mouth was cupped by her hand, causing his eyes to snap open, revealing their black color under the light stars, "I never said that I wouldn't."

He sighed through his nose lifting his hand up to pull hers away from his mouth, placing it on his cheek instead, "Why are you letting Meliodas so close to you," He held a pause, his thumb caressing the back of Y/n's hand, "But not me?"

"Hey, what's the big idea, King?" Ban questioned the Fairy behind him. King's feet delicately placed on his spear, which pierced through Ban's chest.

"Well isn't it obvious?" King asked the man, his expression one of boredom, "I'm here to save you."

"Isn't that special? Thanks a lot, pal." Ban grinned as he looked over his shoulder.

King could only smile as he looked over at Y/n, who was standing beside Yakul, petting his head, his eyes shifted between her and Ban, "Think nothing of it. Anything for Y/n and the others."