07 - get well soon,

Sitting back in the chair across from Gigi's hospital bed, the beeping of the machine echoing throughout the room

Sitting back in the chair across from Gigi's hospital bed, the beeping of the machine echoing throughout the room. G'daddy laid across the couch in the room, it had been a couple of days since Gigi gotten admitted to the hospital.

I had been on edge since, whenever I didn't see her chest moving up and down I'd start to panic, or if she slept too long, I'd become worried. Mid and Bambi had been hitting me up since that night, but I wasn't in the right state of mind to deal with whatever bullshit they were on.

The one time I finally decided to go out and enjoy myself, something happened to my grandmother and I needed to rush to her side. Not that I was complaining about it, but I hated the fact that I always felt on edge about my grandparents whenever I stepped foot out the house.

I didn't worry too much about my G'daddy because he could take himself but when it came to Gigi, she had a hole in one of her lungs, which at times caused issues with her breathing. She used to smoke cigarettes heavy and it wasn't until my senior year in high school when it finally came back to punish her.

I worried more about her well being than mine just for the simple fact that I knew her lungs could fail, and give out on her at any given time. She always preached to me that if it was her time, it was her time—that she lived a good life, and spent it with the people she loved the most, it was like she was already accepted and cane to terms with it.

I always told her not to talk that like, I hated when she talked about dying. My Gigi wasn't scared of death though, whenever someone in the family passed away she never shed a tear, she was the one that comforted everyone else whenever a death occurred.

Especially when Reese died, without my grandmother, his death probably would've been a lot more harder to grasp and even deal with. There were days where I didn't want to get out of bed, my grandmother would come in and hum a lullaby to me to put my mind at ease—even if it were just for a little while.

I heard a light knock on the wooden door, ripping me away from my thoughts. I saw out of my peripheral vision as the room door slowly opened, and in walked the nurse from earlier. She gave me a light hearted smile, walking over to Gigi, ready to take her vitals again like she had been doing every hour.

G'daddy cleared his throat, shifting in his spot. His eyes fluttered open, immediately fixing on the nurse in the room, then on Gigi. "She alright?" he asked, the nurse nodded her head, assuring that she was just taking her vitals.

"Lotus you gone on home," he told me, I shook my head, and not bothering to speak. "Baby she'll be fine, she's in here with people who'll take care of her."

"G'daddy I'm fine,"

"You haven't been to sleep since she been here, gone on home and get some rest. I promise I'll call you if anything happens or with any updates,"

I deeply sighed and got up from the chair, walking over to Gigi's bed. I planted a kiss on her cheek and grabbed my purse. "Call me if you need anything okay?" I sternly turned towards G'daddy, he nodded his head, shooing me away.